Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Ideas...
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-24-2019, 10:51 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Some ideas...

- What if the track list in Cover Art View would open up in a pop up window, like the one in Cover View, with the background (all other albums) blurred. No more discussions about hiding/showing, or clicking left/right.... And it would look so much cooler... (that last remark is my personal opinion  Cool ). Could be a prob on a cell phone tho, because of the little screen.

- Why not putting the "Audio Info" (which is now under the "m>" button), why not putting this under the menu of the playing song in the playlist?

Just my brain burpin'...
#1 is a modal dialog which people usually dislike, so while it might seem nice it’d probably end up being annoying for most. I’m not in love with how the bottom panel / tracklist works in album view mode. We could have album click just switch the contents if the panel is open rather than start playback but then that’s introducing a conflicting behavior. I think I wanted ellipsis > tracklist to switch the contents to be consistent but then Tim pointed out clicking the ellipsis of a different album already changed the contents and I was like d’oh. 

#2 I’ve thought about making the audio info modal popup when you click the extra tags metadata text or a circle i icon or something but then I think about how often I use that feature (never) and end up doing something else instead. If it is something people use then it’d be easy enough to add a shortcut.

More ideas are always welcome, keep that brain burpin. Smile
The Track List is just a toggle that maintains state (open closed) when clicking ... on other albums. It's useful if selecting individual tracks to add/play or compose a playlist but I'm not sure thats the dominant use case. I think whole album play or random album or auto-shuffle play is more common.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-24-2019, 11:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The Track List is just a toggle that maintains state (open closed) when clicking ... on other albums. It's useful if selecting individual tracks to add/play or compose a playlist but I'm not sure thats the dominant use case. I think whole album play or random album or auto-shuffle play is more common.

I’ll send code later to change the menu text depending on toggle state to make it more obvious what clicking it will do. I think that’ll eliminate some confusion. The close item on context menus is also a little confusing, especially in context of clicking on the album art in the bottom/tracklist panel, maybe just make any “click” not in the menu dismiss it and also not propagate (iirc it currently dismisses but also clicks through which I think is generally unwanted).
Ok cool.

Way back there was some code that handled off-menu click and dismissed the context menus but it was very unreliable so I opted for the Close (x) explicit item.

If there is a way to universally implement off-menu dismiss reliably then :-) I think the challenge will be in the Folder view...
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub