Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

More Bluetooth problems
I'm having a problem trying to connect through to a Anker Bluetooth Speaker from Moode 4.1.

When I turn on the Bluetooth Speaker in the Audio settings I get a message that BT has been turned on, but running the command "systemctl status bluetooth" reports that BT is inactive. If I try to go to the Blu setting within configure, the page never loads; indeed, most of the config pages refuse to load, although Moode is still streaming through my DAC (a Banggood X5000). I can only get back the config pages by rebooting (via SSH: Reboot within Moode doesn't work) and turing off Bluetooth speaker.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Andy
Did you turn on BT in moode settings ?

If so then go to BT configuration page, click on initialize controller then put your BT speaker in discovery mode. Once you did that, select scan for devices in Moode and wait for discovering your speaker. 
Now pair it by selecting your BT speaker and finally connect it.

Once connected just select output in main configure pop up and select BT output ... et voilà !

In my setup after this first connect, each time I turn on my speaker, it connect automatically ?

-Eric
Thanks for the suggestions. It didn't seem to work quite that way for me. I have BT turned on the the System settings, but I can't use the BT configuration commands until I've selected BT as the output on the SEL page. I can then go to the BLU page and Initialise Controller, Scan, Pair and Connect, reporting apparent success each time. However, the Anker speaker never shows a connection and if I list connections in BLU, none exists.

The speakers links up to my phone with no problem, so the issue seems to be with my Moode settings.

Andy
Can you try to connect to a different BT device to determine if the problem is in settings or compatibility with your device?
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-19-2018, 08:37 AM)Hillsidebeer Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. It didn't seem to work quite that way for me. I have BT turned on the the System settings, but I can't use the BT configuration commands until I've selected BT as the output on the SEL page. I can then go to the BLU page and Initialise Controller, Scan, Pair and Connect, reporting apparent success each time. However, the Anker speaker never shows a connection and if I list connections in BLU, none exists.

The speakers links up to my phone with no problem, so the issue seems to be with my Moode settings.

Andy

Hi Andy,

The process for making outbound Bluetooth connections in 4.1 is not very well implemented. Its been completely redesigned for 4.2 update so just hang tight for a while. One of the challenges is that many Bluetooth Speakers auto-connect after they are powered up. This is an inbound connection to moOde, as if a Phone has just connected, and so the the UI reacts accordingly until MPD audio output is set to Bluetooth.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-19-2018, 11:05 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:37 AM)Hillsidebeer Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. It didn't seem to work quite that way for me. I have BT turned on the the System settings, but I can't use the BT configuration commands until I've selected BT as the output on the SEL page. I can then go to the BLU page and Initialise Controller, Scan, Pair and Connect, reporting apparent success each time. However, the Anker speaker never shows a connection and if I list connections in BLU, none exists.

Andy

Hi Andy,

The process for making outbound Bluetooth connections in 4.1 is not very well implemented. Its been completely redesigned for 4.2 update so just hang tight for a while. One of the challenges is that many Bluetooth Speakers auto-connect after they are powered up. This is an inbound connection to moOde, as if a Phone has just connected, and so the the UI reacts accordingly until MPD audio output is set to Bluetooth.

-Tim

I consider Autoconnect an invasive feature. If I have BT enabled on my phone, I can tell when my SO pulls into the driveway because her Suburu's Entertainment System autoconnects and takes over my phone as if I were the driver. After all, I've paired with it in the past so obviously this must be what I want to have happen. It's a pain to have to "forget" BT devices explicitly only to go through the whole pairing/connect scenario the next time you want to use them.

Besides the usual assortment of phones and tablets, the only BT-enabled devices I can test with are a small JBL Flip 2 speaker which works fine with moOde, an Amazon Echo which doesn't, and I think for different reasons than autoconnection.
(04-19-2018, 11:05 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Andy

Hi Andy,

-Tim

OK, I'll look forward to that :-).

Cheers,
Andy

Andy

Hi Andy,

I had a quite similar problem with my Teufel BT speaker. This is how I achieved a lasting connection: With BT speaker on, scan and afterwards pair. Then BT speaker off, wait 1-2 seconds, turn it on again and then hit connect. After this, my speaker now connects readily every time when powered up. Please try this and give some feedback. I´m currrently searching for arguments supporting my assumption that the Raspi as BT source needs a lot of snake oil   Huh
Regards
Jörg
(04-19-2018, 07:49 PM)Kikaha Wrote:

Andy

Hi Andy,

I had a quite similar problem with my Teufel BT speaker. This is how I achieved a lasting connection: With BT speaker on, scan and afterwards pair. Then BT speaker off, wait 1-2 seconds, turn it on again and then hit connect. After this, my speaker now connects readily every time when powered up. Please try this and give some feedback. I´m currrently searching for arguments supporting my assumption that the Raspi as BT source needs a lot of snake oil   Huh

Hi Kihaha,

I tried your method, but it didn't work with my Soundcore 2. After pairing and turning the speaker off and on, I hit Connect, got a message that the Soundcore was connected, but its blue light continued to flash. Asking Moode to List Connected confirmed no connections.

Looks like I'll have to connect by wire for now, unless there are more things to try.

Cheers
Andy
Hi Andy,

what a pity. Sorry for that... But it further supports my assumption that BT on a Raspi requires more snake oil than an ordinary user can provide  Undecided
Regards
Jörg