Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Always Device Busy with Kodi
Hi!

I've installed Kodi along with latest Moode to watch movies and so on. I'm using USB dac, there is sound in Kodi, but I'm getting error from MPD "ALSA Device is busy" even Kodi is idle . Kodi sounds turned off, keep audio device alive function is off too, only way is to quit Kodi completely. Any ideas to keep Kodi and MPD running together?
(02-01-2019, 08:32 AM)chosen_too Wrote: Hi!

I've installed Kodi along with latest Moode to watch movies and so on. I'm using USB dac, there is sound in Kodi, but I'm getting error from MPD "ALSA Device is busy" even Kodi is idle . Kodi sounds turned off, keep audio device alive function is off too, only way is to quit Kodi completely. Any ideas to keep Kodi and MPD running together?

I had this before when I stilled runned Kodi and (back then) Volumio on the same device. The problem is that Kodi keeps the sound card busy, there is an option somewhere which releases the sound card after a couple of seconds of inactivity. (Nice and vague, but  the exact settings should be somewhere here: https://volumio.org/forum/kodi-volumio-i...22-40.html

(Sorry Tim for posting a link to the competition, I prefer Moode way above Volumio Big Grin)
(02-01-2019, 10:32 AM)sjoerdju Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 08:32 AM)chosen_too Wrote: Hi!

I had this before when I stilled runned Kodi and (back then) Volumio on the same device. The problem is that Kodi keeps the sound card busy, there is an option somewhere which releases the sound card after a couple of seconds of inactivity. (Nice and vague, but  the exact settings should be somewhere here: https://volumio.org/forum/kodi-volumio-i...22-40.html

(Sorry Tim for posting a link to the competition, I prefer Moode way above Volumio Big Grin)

Thank you, Sir!

Overall Moode is better than any other audio-only distribution, the only thing I'm missing is Kodi,I'll try to fix this issue via options.