Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Album View
I have been trying to figure out why one of my albums appears twice in the album art view.
It is because one of the tracks has a different genre in the metadata but I can't find any mention of moOde 4.4 using genre to determine which tracks belong to an album.

The artist list is ordered by AlbumArtist

Am I missing something daft?
The Library is organized as a hierarchy.

Code:
Genre
 Artist (or AlbumArtist)
   Album
     Track

If tracks are tagged with same artist, same album but different genres the hierarchy will contain multiple occurrences of the album, one for each genre. For example let's say Tracks 1 - 3 are tagged with Genre A and Tracks 4, 5 are tagged with Genre B, we end up with below.

Code:
Genre A
 Artist B
   Album C
     Track 1
     Track 2
     Track 3

Genre B
 Artist B
   Album C
     Track 4
     Track 5
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Photo 
@Tim Curtis I experience this issue for compilations, however I see all tracks duplicated in each album. This issue is present when disabling the option to combine compilation albums (disabled because it combines all albums of the same name even though the album artists are different)

Screenshots:

Post the values of the Genre, Artist, Album Artist and Album tags for Track #1 in the two albums in your example. I assume rest of tracks in each album have same values for these tags.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-05-2019, 05:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post the values of the Genre, Artist, Album Artist and Album tags for Track #1 in the two albums in your example. I assume rest of tracks in each album have same values for these tags.

Just to clarify, there is only one album which shows up twice in the album view.

Track 1 - Genre, Artist, Album Artist, Album: Psychadelic, Zor Beyler, Various Artists, Uzelli Psychedelic Anadolu

One of the tracks in the album has the genre: Psych-Folk. The Album Artist and Album are the same for the rest of the tracks. Each track has a different Artist.
See post #2.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-05-2019, 07:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: See post #2.

Post #2 suggests that I should see one copy of the album with the one track which has a different genre and the other tracks in the second view of the album.  In my case I am seeing all the tracks in both albums. Below is an example of what I am experiencing.

Code:
Genre A
Artist B
  Album C
    Track 1 - Genre A
    Track 2 - Genre A
    Track 3 - Genre B
    Track 4 - Genre A
    Track 5 - Genre A

Genre B
Artist B
  Album C
    Track 1 - Genre A
    Track 2 - Genre A
    Track 3 - Genre B
    Track 4 - Genre A
    Track 5 - Genre A
You are welcome to zip up the album and send me download link and I'll have a look but either way the solution is to ensure that all tracks belonging to an Album have the same Genre.

Tracks with the same album tag but different genres will definitely mess up the Library.
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis Ok. Thanks for the help. I guess we both understand what the issue is, so I don't need to send over the album. IMHO tracks in compilation albums that have different genres is a reasonable and logical tagging scheme (the same way that the tracks might have different release dates).

Is the tree hierarchy something that MPD enforces, or is it done after querying MPD?
I agree that compilation albums containing tracks with different genres is legit. I don't have any like that but I'm aware that other users have some. Unfortunately that tagging breaks the Library structure. Compilation albums in general are messy since there is no standard tag indicating that a track is part of a compilation.

The Lib hierarchy is created by scanning the MPD database and then building an array that contains the structured data. This array is then sent to the client and loaded into the Browser for presentation via the Library list and albums panels.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!