Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Expand file system command fails !
The workaround worked also for me. Thanks for the help.
(02-09-2019, 03:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @LeVolatile

Quote:But I am curious and a perfect Linux newbie like me would like to understand why Ubuntu Gparted messed up my preceding Moode installation. As far as I remember it never messed up any partitions on any drive in the past.

It didn't "mess up" the root partition. If you mount it in a Linux system you'll see the filesystem in the partition is just fine. HOWEVER, Gparted assigned a new partition UUID (PARTUUID) to it and the cmdline.txt file in the boot partition still specifies the original PARTUUID.

Example: moode-r44 flashed to 16GB uSD card. Mount it in my Linux laptop (hostname T520) as a mmc (multimedia) device.

Code:
kreed@T520 /media/kreed $ sudo blkid /dev/mmcblk0p2
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="29075e46-f0d4-44e2-a9e7-55ac02d6e6cc" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="7ee80803-02"

At this point the boot partition is mounted to /media/kreed, so

Code:
kreed@T520 /media/kreed $ more boot/cmdline.txt
net.ifnames=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=7ee80803-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

Note the PartUUIDs are the same.

Now I use Gparted to grow the rootfs partition from the original 3GB to about 15GB and remount the card.

Code:
kreed@T520 ~ $ blkid /dev/mmcblk0p2
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="29075e46-f0d4-44e2-a9e7-55ac02d6e6cc" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d39da279-02"

Note the PARTUUID has changed.

Bottom line: had you edited the cmdline.txt file to reflect this new PARTUUID, your card would have booted into moOde.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks a lot Kent for this course. I tough the UUID was given by the "drive" manufacturer and nothing could change it.

Of course, I did not edited the cmdline.txt file. So if I understand well, if I had noted the UUID before resizing the partition I could change it in the cmdline.txt file and it would work. Is that right ?
@LeVolatile

Discretion being the better part of valor, I think folks are better off just reinstalling moOde and then following @DRONE7's suggestion to run raspi-conf from the command line if they can't resize from moOde's config menu. Trying a different browser may resolve the latter issue in which case no manual intervention is necessary.

Regards,
Kent