Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Shutdown and reboot problem
Goodmorning.
I installed Moode v. 4.4, (beautiful!) and unfortunately I found a bug.
When I send the command "shutdown" or "reboot" the system does not execute the command. It is necessary to re-send the desired command again to be executed.

My system consists of rasp. pi 3b and hifiberry digi + pro.

Thanks
Very odd.

Post the output from the cmd below and I'll have a look.

Code:
cat /var/log/moode.log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-08-2019, 07:47 PM)Opera Wrote: Goodmorning.
I installed Moode v. 4.4, (beautiful!) and unfortunately I found a bug.
When I send the command "shutdown" or "reboot" the system does not execute the command. It is necessary to re-send the desired command again to be executed.

My system consists of rasp. pi 3b and hifiberry digi + pro.

Thanks

What OS and browser are you using to access and command MoOde from...?
----------
bob
(02-08-2019, 11:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd.

Post the output from the cmd below and I'll have a look.

Code:
cat /var/log/moode.log

Goodmorning. 
The moode.log file is in OS sd card?

The browser I use is Chrome, and sistem is Android (Samsung tablet).
All other command is  ok. Only for shutdown or reboot is necessary to resend command.
My previous version was 3.8, and was ok.
The new version have beautiful sound quality, perfect for my ear (previus version seemed moved to high frequency, caused me ear fatigue), but I notice a major waiting time for load OS..
@Opera

You said

Quote:When I send the command "shutdown" or "reboot" the system does not execute the command.

By "send the command" I assume you mean you click the button and nothing happens (the first time). 

Does that mean you don't even see the "Rebooting..." or "Shutting down..." message appear in a popup the first time you click the button? If not, then it would seem something funny is happening with the Javascript engine in your Chrome browser and/or with Samsung's version of Android.

As a counter-example, the Shutdown/Reboot buttons are working for me in moOde r4.4 from the up-to-date Chrome browser on my Nexus 7 tablet (Android 7.1.1) and my Nexus 6P phone (Android 8.1.0).

Have you tried any other browsers on your tablet? For UI-testing purposes, I have Brave, Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox, and Opera installed on one or the other of my Android devices. For grins, I just installed the "Samsung Internet Browser" as well. I'm not endorsing any of them but the Shutdown/Reboot buttons work in all of them. 

Regards,
Kent

PS - yes, the log is in the moOde filesystem: /var/log/moode.log, but it's also accessible from the moOde UI at the tail end of the "System info" output.
I do have the same issue, select "shutdown", then the pop up pops up (!?) and sometimes it will just not proceed. Last time it happened a track was playing. Then stopped the track and selected "shutdown" again: worked.
The problem seems to have been solved spontaneously.
I can confirm but cannot reproduce. It happens randomly.
I don't know if it's a browser cache issue or something like that. I agree that's weird. 
It happened to me maybe 2 times in a month.