Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can't detect USB Dac
Shocked 
    Hi I'm a newbie to using the Pi as an audio device.

My Pi is quite old and I don't know which model. A friend helped me at audiophilestyle.com to get Moode running but I can't get it to recognised my USB DAC although it is known to Moode software (LH Labs Pulse Xfi) 

I'm at an end of what I can do but here's some pics of how everything looks now. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-13-2019, 09:07 AM)Bunno77 Wrote: Hi I'm a newbie to using the Pi as an audio device.

My Pi is quite old and I don't know which model. A friend helped me at audiophilestyle.com to get Moode running but I can't get it to recognised my USB DAC although it is known to Moode software (LH Labs Pulse Xfi) 

I'm at an end of what I can do but here's some pics of how everything looks now. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated

It seems that you missed the point where your USB DAC needs to be set as a 'USB DAC' not a an 'On-Board audio device'. The way it is set now you should get audio signal on the 'headphones OUT' port, if your very old RPi is fitted with something like this.

From the SETUP Guide:

<<  ....snip.....

2. AUDIO DEVICE SETUP

- USB DEVICE
a) Menu, Configure, Audio, I2S audio device: None
b) MPD options: EDIT SETTINGS
c) Leave Volume control set to "Software"
d) Set Audio device to "USB audio device" then APPLY

....snip...   >>
Yeah that's the thing. There is no option to set a USB audio device. It's not being recognised.
There is only the option for on board
If the option doesn't appear it means that Linux did not even recognize the USB DAC. This is typically due to some sort of hardware issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Bunno77

That's a serious piece of kit!

The technician in me wants to ask for the results of tests from the command line but the pragmatist in me decided to ask the Internet first. Aha---I see you're not alone. There's a 2-year old post to the LHLabs site pulse-x-dac-not-recognised-as-usb-device which seemed to involve a firmware issue on one unit. You probably need to be posting there.

I also see posts there regarding drivers, even for Windows 10, which can sometimes mean the USB interface is sketchy, but then I found 3-year old posts from people saying their Pulse-X DAC worked on RPis with (3-year old) RuneAudio and moOde, so it should be detectable.

Regards,
Kent

FYI: Tim thoughtfully provides the RPi model information as part of the System info report (while in Configuration mode, click m>System info). For example, here's an excerpt from the report for one of my players:

Code:
 S Y S T E M    P A R A M E T E R S  

Date and time    = 2019-02-13 08:10:13
    System uptime    = up 12 hours, 51 minutes

HDWR REV    = Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
    SoC         = BCM2835
    CORES        = 4
    ARCH        = armv7l