Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Rpi 3+ with MoOde - multiple issues with MoOde.
Hi,

My current setup is a Raspberry Pi 3+ with the official touchscreen, running MoOde 4.3 reading MP3 files from a USB. The USB contains 500+ folders in various albums. So when I start up Moode, I encounter the following issues randomly.

1. MoOde will not read the USB - Checked it on a windows laptop, and repaired the drive. On attaching it back to the pi, the number of songs has reduced, However, I am able to play each and every of the 5000+ songs thru the same USB connected to the laptop. I have also changed upto 4 different USB sticks and still have the same issue every time I start the pi.

2. The Pi really heats up - don't know what to do with the heating.. Sad

3. Once it starts, the MPD regenerates, and I add the music library to my playlist and the songs start playing, however the MoOde app takes more than 5-7 minutes to become responsive. I keep receiving a "Page error" with a Wait / Exit app choice. I wait, and then eventually I can control the volume and other menus. 

4. I have configured it to randomly select songs from the library and keep playing. However for the first song, it picks it up randomly, and then keeps playing serially within the same folder. Even if I click the next song button, it does not go randomly picking songs from the library, but stays in the same folder playing serially.

I know this is not the best way to post issues on the forum, but any advice will help me create my portable MP3 player using songs from any USB.

Best Regards

Rahul
"2. The Pi really heats up - don't know what to do with the heating.. "

How hot is hot??? As long as a piece of string.....

From the Moode menu select "System Info" and read the temperature..... now, how hot is hot....?

as to the rest, what changed from yesterday when it all worked ??
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...05#pid8105
----------
bob
(02-21-2019, 06:19 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: "2. The Pi really heats up - don't know what to do with the heating.. "

From the Moode menu select "System Info" and read the temperature..... now, how hot is hot....?

Hi Drone,

I had shutdown the pi at the time of this posting, so will keep a watch on the temperature, and then post it back here.

On the other 3 points, nothing changed since yesterday after I posted that everything worked. Except that since today morning, I had to go thru 4 different USBs, and the 3 issues persist. 

Forgot to add - My Iphone will not connect via bluetooth even though I turned bluetooth and speakersharing on..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-21-2019, 06:58 PM)rahul.shial Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 06:19 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: "2. The Pi really heats up - don't know what to do with the heating.. "

Hi Drone,

I had shutdown the pi at the time of this posting, so will keep a watch on the temperature, and then post it back here.

On the other 3 points, nothing changed since yesterday after I posted that everything worked. Except that since today morning, I had to go thru 4 different USBs, and the 3 issues persist. 

Forgot to add - My Iphone will not connect via bluetooth even though I turned bluetooth and speakersharing on..

Can't get into the configuration...in wait screen since the past 5 minutes... Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rahul,

I see in your added picture that you added more than 2900 songs to your playlist. This is probably one of the reasons why your system becomes very slow and unresponsive. Either use
autoshuffle or at least reduce the number of tracks in your playlist. 500 is really a max imho…

Johan
 :@
Possibly a corrupted install....improper shutdown or some such hardware glitch.?

If nothing else solves it then Re-image and setup from scratch.

Usb drive problem is possibly the MP3 tagging being Windows specific and not compatible with mpd.
In the sources config menu what have you selected for USB update when hot plugging ?
Library takes a while to load with large collections...are you waiting long enough ?
Is auto-shuffle turned on in Audio menu for random play ?? (beaten by the super quick JST1963 :-)
----------
bob
(02-21-2019, 07:23 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Possibly  a corrupted install....improper shutdown or some such hardware glitch.?

If nothing else solves it then Re-image and setup from scratch.

Usb drive problem is possibly the MP3 tagging being Windows specific and not compatible with mpd.
In the sources config menu what have you selected for USB update when hot plugging ?
Library takes a while to load with large collections...are you waiting long enough ?
Is auto-shuffle turned on in Audio menu for random play ??  (beaten by the super quick JST1963 :-)

I will do a re-image today evening for sure.

In Sources I have selected --> Automatically update MPD database on USB insert/remove.

Audio Menu - Autoshuffle is ON and AutoPlay is also ON

I just plug it in and wait for everything to load...give it atleast 5-7 mins.
Latest Update - I reimaged moOde Audio on the microSD card, and went thru the configurations again, to start playing from the USB. That part is accomplished. However, it is not randomly picking songs from the entire library, but tends to remain within the same folder.

I even did a re-gen of the MPD and UPD MPD and waited...however it always starts from the exact same song and goes serially.

Auto-shuffle is ON
Auto Play is ON
Bluetooth is ON
Shared SPeakers is ON
Connected via WiFi
Make sure your playlist is empty before activating AutoShuffle.
Then click on the "Random" button to start it.
After switching it on, it might take awhile before the 1st song is played, depending on the size of your library. And theoretically there should always be only one song in your playlist (unless you work with the AutoShuffle Filter)
 :@
(02-21-2019, 10:34 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Make sure your playlist is empty before activating AutoShuffle.
Then click on the "Random" button to start it.
After switching it on, it might take awhile before the 1st song is played, depending on the size of your library. And theoretically there should always be only one song in your playlist (unless you work with the AutoShuffle Filter)

Hi JST1963, That seemed to work. However everytime I swap USB drives, would I need to clear the current playlist and build the MPD again? I don't think so, but just asking..