Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

More than one player in the network.
Hi, I have 2 raspberry Pi in my network with both running Moode Audio. When I go to players on the first Pi i See Moode 2 and when selected I can go to this second Pi. But when I go in the second Pi to players I only see Moode 2 and I can not switch back to the first player. What is the reason for that and can some one help me to fix it? Thank you.
(02-24-2019, 01:51 PM)blooper65 Wrote: Hi, I have 2 raspberry Pi in my network with both running Moode Audio. When I go to players on the first Pi i See Moode 2 and when selected I can go to this second Pi. But when I go in the second Pi to players I only see Moode 2 and I can not switch back to the first player. What is the reason for that and can some one help me to fix it? Thank you.

Both players have to be running recent releases of moOde. According to relnotes.txt, it was back in R4.1 that Tim changed the player discovery code so that a player won't report itself. Your report suggests to me that your "Moode 2" player is older than that.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent, thnx for your replay. I thought that both run the same version, but I will check it.

Br, Ron.
(02-24-2019, 06:38 PM)blooper65 Wrote: Hi Kent, thnx for your replay. I thought that both run the same version, but I will check it.

Br, Ron.

I just noticed another item in relnotes.txt

Quote:// 4.2 Release 2018-07-11
Bug fixes

- FIX: Players avahi file missing from r40a update

Avahi is the zero-configuration networking software used in moOde to detect other players among other things. Based on this note, I'd be suspicious of r4.1 and earlier. 

If it turns out your players are both running moOde r4.2 or greater, then there's some detective work ahead Smile

As an aside, "Moode 1" and "Moode 2" aren't legal hostnames (they contain spaces) so I assume you were speaking figuratively. What are the actual hostnames involved?

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent, I found out that both players had the same host name. I changed the second one in Moode2 and now it is working. Thanks for your help.

Br Ron.
(02-24-2019, 09:58 PM)blooper65 Wrote: Hi Kent, I found out that both players had the same host name. I changed the second one in Moode2 and now it is working. Thanks for your help.

Br Ron.

Smile

Regards,
Kent
Nice!

Yes, all player have to have unique host names :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub