Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 4.4 Bluetooth general question
Hello everyone,

I’m new to moode audio (of course) and have a quite general question probably many others have asked so far. However, I can’t seem to find a satisfying answer.
But first of all, thanks for the hard work. Getting moode to work was quite easy and stressless and it works really well and stable. So, kudos for you guys.

Now the question:
I want to stream audio (local and webbased i.e. from browser) from my smartphone, tablet, laptop/pc via Bluetooth to moode … simple as that. Just connecting device <-> moode and trying to stream audio is just not working with any device I tried so far.
All information I found was the other way around i.e. streaming from moode to a Bluetooth sink but this is not what I want.

So, does this currently work?

Thanks!

SysInfo:
Moode: 4.4 2018
PI: Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
When you say "...not working..." what exactly do you mean?

For example when you connect your client device to moOde Bluetooth the "Bluetooth Active" screen should appear in moOde UI. Are you seeing this screen?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-04-2019, 07:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When you say "...not working..." what exactly do you mean?

For example when you connect your client device to moOde Bluetooth the "Bluetooth Active" screen should appear in moOde UI. Are you seeing this screen?

Hi,

so, this use-case should normally work?

Didn't see any appearing screen.
At BlueZ config, my device is shown as paired & connected.
MPD Audio output -> Bluetooth is configured.
Set MPD audio output -> Local :-)

output -> Bluetooth is meant for sending the audio from moOde to a Bluetooth Speaker
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ah okay .. working now!

I'd propose to add this to the FAQ, could help other as well.

Thank you Tim!