Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
moOde 5 Beta 1
(03-08-2019, 03:13 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 12:17 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: On the audio config page when selecting "Edit Options"  there is a brief screen flicker and no options are presented...

This is a continuing interoperability problem with Firefox (possibly only on Ubuntu ?) which has open bug reports for 'Expand Filesystem' and Piano 2.1 options menus not opening.

Seems that whatever new coding used to 'pop-up' the 'Edit Options' may be a clue to this problem ??

Meanwhile the workaround is use another browser...Chromium works.

Running the Developer's web console, I see Firefox throwing a warning which I click the "Edit Options" button

Code:
Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery-1.8.2.min.js:2:10384

Don't know if that's directly related to your problem but it doesn't occur in Brave, Chrome, Opera, or Vivaldi, all of which work with the moOde config panels. This on Linux Mint which is a derivative of Ubuntu.
Firefox on my Nexus 9 phone (Android 8.1.1) also "refuses the gate" on these options, but there's no easy access to any Developer Tools.
If you don't want to load Chrome try one of the other browsers.
Regards,
Kent
Yes, closer and closer.... from what I can find the 'Empty String' may refer to Firefox trying to open a new Tab/Window from the 'Options' button in those instances but the Java-script instruction contains a "#" which is not parsed..... I have tried disabling every FFox setting and am now running through the 'about:config'  java-script options.... Maybe the code for those options contains  comments (#) ??

Chrome works but....I've never warmed to it...and the other options..well.. Sleepy
----------
bob
16: Would love to see "Last track" renamed into "Last played track"

Last (played) track ???
 :@
18: When playing a radio station, clicking on the time should not display the overlapping 00:00 over "Radio" (cool idea, the radio text)

Radio img is being covered with unnecessary 00:00 text

Update: Solved with patch from Tim
08. Folder view: to get the menu, you need to click on the symbol in front of the song-info. Clicking on the song should also show the menu. Clicking anywhere on the screen also pops up the menu but that is annoying because you sometimes don't even see for which song the menu is called…

Depending on where you click, a menu opens up...(not always the ideal place)

Update: Only on a WEB-UI. Problem does not exist on the HDMI output.
The problem of clicking on empty space on the screen still exist
11. Auto-Shuffle Filter: would love to have a dropdownbox with all options

A nice way to select the different tags would be nice…

Update: On the TODO list according to TC
10. Library view: something's wrong with the ABC selection bars... For instance in the "Genre" section, I have an "A" but there is no genre starting with "A". This is also the case for "Artists". The inverse is also true: I'm missing letters for Artists I do have. As an example, I have Dire Straits, but the "D" is missing in the list of the alphabet…

ABC Selection bars

Update: Acceptable explanation (cfr. Swizzle)
05. When you exit the MPD config screen, you should stay in the "Audio" config screen. The "Exit" should IMHO be "Back"

"Exit" should IMHO be "Back" and should take you back to the Audio Config Screen

Update: Acceptable explanation from Tim
Audio info window show the wrong audio device in my case.

I have a HiFiBerry DAC+ RTC. No problem with moOde 4.4.
21: In the playback history, I would prefer a button to play the song again instead of the google button

Wish I had a "Play Again" button here...

Update: On the TODO list according to TC
(03-08-2019, 12:24 PM)JST1963 Wrote: 10. Library view: something's wrong with the ABC selection bars... For instance in the "Genre" section, I have an "A" but there is no genre starting with "A". This is also the case for "Artists". The inverse is also true: I'm missing letters for Artists I do have. As an example, I have Dire Straits, but the "D" is missing in the list of the alphabet…

ABC Selection bars

The quick index is a-z rather than based on the contents of the list, where it’s not possible to reasonably fit the full a-z range characters are omitted. 

The Firefox bug Drone7 mentioned is unrelated to that console message. We know what causes it and it’ll be fixed for 5.0.

Some of the other bugs have fixes already done, all bug reports are helpful, keep up the good work everyone. Smile