Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 Release Candidate RC1
(04-05-2019, 12:14 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Wow, thanks for all your work Tim.  

I continue to mainly to use Moode as a upnp renderer and I see that upmpdcli v1.4.2 is now available.  It’s cheeky to ask, but is there any chance of bumping to this version in the next release candidate, or the final version of 5.0?  If I get it right Moode is still using upmpdcli v1.3.8 and since then various changes have been implemented including fixes to its Spotify and Qobuz capabilities, and apparently there’s now a new media server

Just to be clear, upmpdcli's "Spotify capability" is not currently used in moOde.

Regards,
Kent
How can I upgrade to 5.0 RC1 preserving my configuration from 4.4 ?

Thanks
Not possible.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
TheOldPresbyope
(04-04-2019, 08:50 PM)miklau Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 09:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:47 PM)miklau Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Looks ok.

What were the entries on the NAS Source screen?

Host/share
Userid
Password *****
Name

I also tried with "Guest" and no password. Stil the same error.

The challenge is that the errors reported by the mount command are almost useless.

I'd suggest trying the mount manually

Code:
mkdir /mnt/NAS/NAS540
sudo mount -t cifs "//NAS540/music" -o username="admin",password="**********",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/NAS540"

sudo umount /mnt/NAS/NAS540
sudo rmdir /mnt/NAS/NAS540

Thanks Tim

I did try to run the commands but I was still not able to mount my NAS. I have double checked username and password and user authentication at ny NAS settings. everthing should be fine there as well. Here is result form terminal:
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo mount -t cifs "//NAS540/music" -o username="admin",password="*********",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/NAS540"
mount error: could not resolve address for NAS540: Unknown error
pi@moode:~ $ sudo mount -t cifs "smb://NAS540/music" -o username="admin",password="********",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/NAS540"
Mounting cifs URL not implemented yet. Attempt to mount smb://NAS540/music
pi@moode:~ $ sudo umount /mnt/NAS/NAS540
umount: /mnt/NAS/NAS540: not mounted

Does that look any diffrent or maybe I ma not doing it right...

@miklau 

Don't use the smb: prefix in this context.

In your first post, you said your SMB server's IP address is 192.168.1.222, so what happens if you try Tim's set of commands but with "//192.168.1.222/music" instead of "NAS540/music"? If that works, then in the moOde NAS Source panel click on the "Edit" link under the Host/Share box and enter "192.168.1.222/music" (without the quotes) manually.

Regards,
Kent

Once again thank you both for your help  Smile  That worked!

what I did:
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/NAS/NAS540
sudo mount -t cifs "//192.168.1.222/music" -o username="admin",password="**********",rsize=61440,wsize=65536,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 "/mnt/NAS/NAS540"
The NAS was not visible in the NAS config page but then I created a new one with: "192.168.1.222/music". That mounted the NAS! Not sure if the "/music" to the IP did the differens or if the command executed in the terminal gave the permission... Thanks. 

/Mikkel
(04-05-2019, 01:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Not possible.

In this case ; my options are :
  • New SD card with 5.0 RC1 and reconfigure 
  • wait for inplace updgrare for 5.0 gold release
Correct @Tim Curtis ?

Thanks
moOde 5.0 will be an image-only release.

While it's technically possible to develop a moOde 4.4 -> 5.0 in-place update, it would require another dev to join our nice project and volunteer to take on this activity.

I should add that if you are already running moOde 5.0-RC1 then there will be an in-place update that bumps it to 5.0 production.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Great, moOde 5.0-RC1 looks very promising indeed. Especially the CONFIGURE GPIO pins. And 1 rotary encoder plus 8 buttons should be close to RPi's limits. At least I did not manage to get 2 rotary encoders running consistently.
(04-05-2019, 01:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Not possible.

It would be nice, however, to be able to carry over configurations from one version to the next, in some form. For instance, I copy manually the database, which is already some help, but I have to enter my EQ configuration manually, which is a PITA.

Would it be possible to export/import at least some configurations (with an option to export the album cache or not)? This feature would greatly help everybody, especially testers.
Actually, the in-place update mechanism functions as a settings migration and would accomplish exactly what you want. I suppose my choice of words "Not possible" was poor in the earlier post. It's possible of course but our nice moOde project would need a dev to volunteer to take on the complex series --> series in-place update, for example moOde 4.4 --> moOde 5.0.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-09-2019, 12:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Actually, the in-place update mechanism functions as a settings migration and would accomplish exactly what you want. I suppose my choice of words "Not possible" was poor in the earlier post. It's possible of course but our nice moOde project would need a dev to volunteer to take on the complex series --> series in-place update, for example moOde 4.4 --> moOde 5.0.

Yes, but maybe one may want to copy the configuration to another card (for instance, to compare more versions, or if several units are connected to the same network sharing NAS drives), or for the cases where in-place migration is not possible.

Roberto