Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Audiophonics ES9038Q2M driver.
Looks like Audiophonics/ESS driver has been accepted into the 4.19.y branch
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...3aeb3b8590

What does this driver provide?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Does this mean the driver can now be added to Moode?
Thanks
Yes, but I need someone to post the output of the "amixer" command. This would show the ALSA names for the Hardware volume control, Interpolation Filters and other options for the ESS chip. Then since I don't own one of these DAC's someone would need to test and verify the Chip config screen and that the options stick after configuration.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(04-05-2019, 10:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Looks like Audiophonics/ESS driver has been accepted into the 4.19.y branch
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...3aeb3b8590

What does this driver provide?

-Tim

Hello Tim,

Our I-Sabre 9028/38Q2M Dac boards can be used with a "standard" driver like RPI-DAC.
This driver add some features :
  • Extended bitrate support
  • ESS hardware Volume and Mute control
  • Input selection (I2S or Spdif)
  • Filters selection (7 filters availables for 9038 board sold from dec 2018)
Code:
Simple mixer control 'I2S/SPDIF Select',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'I2S' 'SPDIF'
  Item0: 'I2S'
Simple mixer control 'Digital',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Limits: Playback 0 - 100
  Mono: Playback 100 [100%] [0.00dB] [off]
Simple mixer control 'FIR Filter Type',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'brick wall' 'corrected minimum phase fast' 'minimum phase slow' 'minimum phase fast' 'linear phase slow' 'linear phase fast' 'apodizing fast'
  Item0: 'brick wall'

Attached is a modification to get Input and Filter setting directly into moode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Moode_Audiophonics_ES9038Q2M_control_plugin.zip (Size: 28.17 KB / Downloads: 18)
Thanks, S/PDIF in is very nice :-)

I would need an actual board in order to integrate and test the Input Select feature. If you would like to send me an eval unit just PM me and I'll provide my shipping address.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
great news Wink Looking forward
Thank you to both
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Cool, I also have a 9038 (besides the Katana), now using the 9028 driver...
Looking forward as well...
 :@
This driver is only compatible with Audiophonics I-Sabre boards, Allo have their own driver.
But due to the driver architecture of our both products, it can be used with either 9028 or 9038 chips
(04-09-2019, 09:54 AM)audiophonics Wrote: This driver is only compatible with Audiophonics I-Sabre boards, Allo have their own driver.
But due to the driver architecture of our both products, it can be used with either 9028 or 9038 chips

Mr. Audiophonics,

Don't worry, it is a Audiophonics board: the I-Sabre ES9038Q2M Kali Edition, mounted in a Rasptouch Black Chassis. You guys even sold me the backplane separately, because in that case I previously had a  I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO installed, which now is mounted into your Aluminum Case Kit 11685

J
 :@