Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 RC1 In-Place Update
Just did the test on an official 5.0 using a RPi 3B+ which is slightly faster than the 3B:
Total files: 84300 (79314 tracks + the rest are jpegs for cover art)
Total folders: 6081 (4829 Albums)

48:30 for generating the MPD Database + another 17 minutes for generating the cover art thumbnails.

No missing albums....
 :@
(04-22-2019, 10:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: To troubleshoot try examining the MPD log and see if there are errors associated with the missing albums.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Yes, there are hundreds of errors for example. Is there a recommended procedure to correct? I am thinking the sdcards might be a likely suspect.

"Apr 22 14:51 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/The Traveling Wilburys/The Traveling Wilburys - Vol. 1 HiGH/@eaDir/09. Traveling Wilburys - Tweeter And The Monkey Man.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error"
Looks like there are some .mpdignore hidden files present.

From the MPD documentation
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.ht...=mpdignore

"To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded."
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-23-2019, 12:59 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Looks like there are some .mpdignore hidden files present.

From the MPD documentation
https://www.musicpd.org/doc/html/user.ht...=mpdignore

"To exclude a file from the update, create a file called .mpdignore in its parent directory. Each line of that file may contain a list of shell wildcards. Matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories are excluded."

Thanks Tim - documentation presumes reader has far more experience with MPD than I. Even if I did understand what the doc is say, seems there would have hours of work each time I had to update moOde.

Might just have to go back to 4.4 until I can figure out what is actually needed.
You would have had to manually add the .mpdignore files.

If thats not the case and in fact no .mpdignore files are present then the errors might suggest some other problem.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-23-2019, 01:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You would have had to manually add the .mpdignore files.

If thats not the case and in fact no .mpdignore files are present then the errors might suggest some other problem.

Oh that isn't happening. Before I get too crazy will try mounting a few of the folders that had errors and see what that brings. 

If I find a resolution will post in case others run into the same. Cheers
@Onionhead

From your earlier post
Quote:"Apr 22 14:51 : exception: Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/NAS/Curated/The Traveling Wilburys/The Traveling Wilburys - Vol. 1 HiGH/@eaDir/09. Traveling Wilburys - Tweeter And The Monkey Man.flac/.mpdignore': Input/output error"

Very strange string. It says "The Traveling Wilburys - Vol. 1 HiGH" is a directory? As is "@eaDir"? As is "09. Traveling Wilburys - Tweeter And The Monkey Man.flac"?

Regards,
Kent
Yeah same for me, sound from onboard audio is very bad with moOde 5.

I tried to revert to kernel 4.14, but no changes. Problem occur with both mpd version.

It should be easy to reproduce. 

I have this in mpd log, not sure if it's related:

Code:
config: option 'replaygain_handler' on line 54 was not recognized

EDIT: Problem fixed for me: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1311
For me 5.1 is ideal, fast and smooth. In 5.0 was performance problem, radio scroll lags, now in 5.1 all grat. THX dev.
For better audio experience I install on fresh rom by ssh (putty):
https://github.com/dynobot/Linux-Audio-Adjustments
Thanks for the updates and hard work Tim.....donation sent!

Thanks again,
Gary