Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 RC1 In-Place Update
@Supersurfer

I'm not seeing this white banding on my iPad with default theme and background settings. What are your settings?

Regards,
Kent
I am using the default theme and a picture as background. Ios 12.0.1 and put the webpage as an app on the start screen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-21-2019, 07:02 PM)Supersurfer Wrote: I am using the default theme and a picture as background. Ios 12.0.1 and put the webpage as an app on the start screen.

Okay, I can repro this using your settings and a background image, although only in Landscape orientation, not in Portrait.

It doesn't occur on my Nexus 6P phone in either orientation.

I have a clue what's happening but @swizzle  is the CSS guru who will tell us if a solution is possible. 

Regards,
Kent
(05-21-2019, 08:00 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 07:02 PM)Supersurfer Wrote: I am using the default theme and a picture as background. Ios 12.0.1 and put the webpage as an app on the start screen.

Okay, I can repro this using your settings and a background image, although only in Landscape orientation, not in Portrait.

If you're comfortable with ssh you can edit the file in-situ by going to the moode instance

1) ssh pi@moode.local (password is 'moodeaudio' unless you've changed it)
2) sudo nano /var/www/css/panels.css
3) control-w (search function for nano) '.ss-backdrop' (without quotes)
4) change the line to this:

.ss-backdrop {min-width:100vw;min-height:100vh;max-width:unset;transform:translate(-50%, -50%);background-position:center center;position:relative;top:50vh;left:50vw;}

5) control-x to exit nano, press y to save the file and then return to accept the filename to save.
6) refresh moode

FWIW I made a really simple iOS app that creates a webview for moode, unlike the save to home page version it remains in memory when you switch out to another app which is a much nicer experience. I'm not sure we'll ever put it in the app store (since it's just a simple webview that runs the webui it likely wouldn't pass review) but we'll eventually put it on our GitHub and it'll be possible to compile & install it on individual devices with Xcode. Unfortunately unless you have a developer license you'll need to re-install it ever week or so as the self-signed certificates expire fairly quickly.
@swizzle

Swweeet...
(05-21-2019, 11:20 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 08:00 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

If you're comfortable with ssh you can edit the file in-situ by going to the moode instance

1) ssh pi@moode.local (password is 'moodeaudio' unless you've changed it)
2) sudo nano /var/www/css/panels.css
3) control-w (search function for nano) '.ss-backdrop' (without quotes)
4) change the line to this:

.ss-backdrop {min-width:100vw;min-height:100vh;max-width:unset;transform:translate(-50%, -50%);background-position:center center;position:relative;top:50vh;left:50vw;}

5) control-x to exit nano, press y to save the file and then return to accept the filename to save.
6) refresh moode

FWIW I made a really simple iOS app that creates a webview for moode, unlike the save to home page version it remains in memory when you switch out to another app which is a much nicer experience. I'm not sure we'll ever put it in the app store (since it's just a simple webview that runs the webui it likely wouldn't pass review) but we'll eventually put it on our GitHub and it'll be possible to compile & install it on individual devices with Xcode. Unfortunately unless you have a developer license you'll need to re-install it ever week or so as the self-signed certificates expire fairly quickly.

Thank you for your reply.
I tried this and it helps, sort of....
The white banding is gone but the background picture is stretched a lot. Can I scale this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

Please post a download link to your bg image.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Here is the background image: https://flic.kr/p/2g2mHPy
Its offering me a bunch of sizes. Which size are you using?
Enjoy the Music!
I ended up using the image at this link
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4792...08ec_b.jpg

I'm not seeing any issues in my SIM at various sizes.

Enjoy the Music!