Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 RC1 In-Place Update
A happy ending.... that's always nice ;-)
 :@
Was under the assumption that this forum is about audio......;-)
I just updated to version 5.0-RC1-83 and I would like to mention an issue with DSD reproduction with MPD 0.21.6:
when reproducing DSD tracks (I tried both tracks in DSD 64 and 128) there is an annoying background noise/hiss.

Two additional notes:
  • the noise disappears and the reproduction is correct when using MPD 0.20.20
  • the issue was there also in previous RC0 and RC1 versions
Hopefully, the MPD version choice combo under Audio Config will stay in the final Version 5!

Adding below some details on one of the test files used (I can provide them if needed) and the Khadas USB DAC used.
Thanks
franz

Audio Information

INPUT PROCESSING
Source: 
NAS/Raspi3N/003-musica-jazz/Witmer Trio/En Azul (DSD128)/02 Rhapsody In Blue - Witmer Trio.dsf
Encoded at: DSD128, 1 bit, 5.644 msps Stereo
Decoded to: DSD bitstream, 11.290 mbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Resampling: off
Crossfeed: off
Equalizer: Graphic EQ: (off), Parametric EQ: (off}
Crossfade: 0 seconds
Other: Volume normalize (no}, Replaygain (off)
Chip options: none
Volume ctl: Software (MPD 32-bit float with dither)
OUTPUT STREAM
Destination: Local
Rate:  DSD bitstream bit, 176.4 kHz, Stereo, 11.290 mbps
AUDIO DEVICE 

Device: USB audio device
Chip: 
Interface: USB

Code:
pi@moode5zotl:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
 Subdevices: 7/7
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
 Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: Control [Khadas Tone Control], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
 Subdevices: 0/1
Hi,

The 0.21 series MPD has issue with DSD
https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/469

moOde 5 will be shipping with MPD 0.20.20 as default but will still have the MPD chooser with 0.21.y as a testing option.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-11-2019, 01:11 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes, trivial mod and a very nice contrib to UX :-)

Solved perfectly in 5.0! Great work  Wink
Hello, I have an error message:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA" default" [alsa];
Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0":
Invalid argument

Yesterday evening I turned off the rpi3 (with safe shutdown), and this morning when I turned on, this error message when trying to play any track.

Setting device to None (reboot) and back to Hifiberry digi+ pro (reboot) doesn't help.

I had the same problem some day ago (with RC1 either without in-place update but with rpi2), then I could only resolve it with flashing the original system to sd card.

Before reflashing, do you have any advice how to resolve or examine the problem?

Thanks
I don't have a solution, but in any case, a Release Candidate is not a version you want to keep forever. So I'd say, use the "real" 5.0 :-)
I've installed the released 5.0 and alsa device is working. I'm wonder if there will be again the Failed to open ALSA device error after some day usage...
Just completed install and in place update on my pi3 B. Having difficulty getting the moOde library to synch to all albums in a NFS shared folder on my NAS.  NAS music folder is organized by Artist and then by album. There are 3,075 folders.

After mounting the shared folder the updating process begins, took about 45 minutes for it to complete. I noticed that not all albums are being included in moOde library. For example the NAS has a folder, 10,000 Maniacs containing two albums: Our time in Eden and In My tribe but in the moOde library only Our time in Eden appears.

I have two other Pi's running 4.4 and the above issue does not exist. Anything new with 5.0 production version mounting NAS shared folders?  Thanks
To troubleshoot try examining the MPD log and see if there are errors associated with the missing albums.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub