Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-22-2019, 05:29 AM)imi11 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests a hardware issue.

To troubleshoot, boot up with just the Pi and no audio board attached.

- open Audio config and SET I2S device to "None"
- power off
- remove the Hifiberry board and power up
- open MPD config, verify that Audio device is set to "On-board audio device" then click SAVE
- play the Stereo Test file and verify no MPD errors (you don't have to connect to speakers)

If that works it would suggest the Pi and its on-board audio chip is OK.

If you get errors only after connecting the Hifiberry board then possibly the board or 40-pin conector has issue.

Thanks, I'll try these, but I don't understand why I could resolve it with reinstalling moode and what can happen while the device is turned off (it worked when turning off, and not when turning on, and it wasn't the first turn off-on)?

- open Audio config and SET I2S device to "None"
done
- power off
done
- remove the Hifiberry board and power up
done
- open MPD config, verify that Audio device is set to "On-board audio device" then click SAVE
I2S audio device: "None"
In MPD config Device type "Nothing selected" and nothing can be selected, but with saving it has changed to "I2S Audio device". After stepping into MPD config from Audio config, the MPD config Device type "Nothing selected" (again) and nothing can be selected, but with saving it has changed to "I2S Audio device" (again).
Stepping into the main screen: Local input Active, stepping into it:
Audio source:       Local (MPD)  
Resume MPD: No

Output device: Local device  

Select which source provides audio and which output device will receive it. The default audio source is Local (MPD). If the audio device offers input sources for example Analog or S/PDIF they will be listed. The Output device defaults to the locally attached device for example a DAC or Amp. If alternate output devices are available they will be listed.
After setting these, stepping into the main screen: Local input Active (again) and nothong else can be seen, neither the moode config menu.

After these I attached the board again (with turned off), but the moode hasn't started. Power off/on. Moode started with normal screen. Setting back to hifiberry audio device the same MPD error.

After restoring to the sd the yesterday backed up initial configed moode5: the stereo test file can be played without any error. Only the moode has changed... 

Hey, sometimes (twice to be exact), at reboot, i have the local input screen (on chrome, windows 10) for no reasons (i don't use this feature). I just have to press F5 and the screen go away.
just a quick question, I can't for the life of me find the option to sort the library by Album Artist. It was in the Customize menu, but is now missing from the new Appearance menu.

where has it gone? I can't find it in any of the configuration menus either.

Thanks
(04-25-2019, 01:07 AM)drivedesigned Wrote: just a quick question, I can't for the life of me find the option to sort the library by Album Artist. It was in the Customize menu, but is now missing from the new Appearance menu.

Thanks

It’s in Configure > Library > Modify library display options.
(04-25-2019, 01:36 AM)swizzle Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 01:07 AM)drivedesigned Wrote: just a quick question, I can't for the life of me find the option to sort the library by Album Artist. It was in the Customize menu, but is now missing from the new Appearance menu.

Thanks

It’s in Configure > Library > Modify library display options.

ah ha! Thank you. My eyes only glazed over that option half a dozen times Blush
(04-20-2019, 03:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 08:31 AM)franz159 Wrote: Is the "Access Point" mode working correctly in 5.0?
I'm trying with RC0.
The two config fields for AP are set with default values: SSID=Moode, Password=moodeaudio
I can see the "Moode" network in my wifi network list, but the connection from my mac fails systematically.
I tried a couple of different wifi channels (4 and 6) but nothing changes.
The wifi dongle on this raspberry (model pi2) is working correctly, in fact, it can connect with no issues to my phone personal hotspot....

What exactly does "the connection from my mac fails systematically" mean? Are any error messages displayed?

The fact that the Moode SSID shows up would suggest that things should work.

Hi Tim,
    the wifi network is visible, but when I try to connect I receive a "connection failed" error, as shown in the picture below.
[Image: MoodeAPfailed.png]

However, I was able to do some additional test and I came to the conclusion that the culprit is most likely in the wifi dongle I'm using, as hinted by TheOldPresbyope in his post #115:

1. booted on an RPI 3B+ using a brand new sd card with Moode 5, the access point mode works as expected, connecting to 172.24.1.1
  2. booted on a RPI2 with the wifi dongle, using a brand new sd card with Moode 5, I could not connect from my Mac to the "Moode" wifi network, as described above.
    However, I connected through ethernet, I configured the wifi to use the personal HotSpot of my iphone, rebooted, and I was able to connect and stream from Qobuz with no issues, using the same dongle in client mode. 
[Image: edimax.jpg]
@franz159

I dug around in my junk stock pile and found an Edimax EW-7811 which is closely related to your adapter. Put it in an RPi2 with fresh moOde r5.0 image and booted. It wouldn't work properly in Host AP mode either. I can see the AP but I can't associate any WiFi device with it.

This might be a matter of the Raspbian driver rather than the adapter itself, but I don't want to waste time on it (sorry).

I also found a Canakit USB-WiFi adapter. Plugged it in and rebooted. moOde came up in AP mode fresh as paint. I was able to associate my laptop with it and then configure moOde without issue.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope

Thanks for confirming and please don't waste other time on it.
Knowing the root cause is what I wanted and - more important - it is not a Moode issue... as we already knew BTW.
I will buy another wifi adapter,,, or a Pi3