Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

Haven't tried from my laptop.

This all seems worse than RC0. I didn't try RC1

Great stuff guys. Now I can fully enjoy latest moOde 5 on my RaspDAC Mini thanks to ESS drivers in kernel.
Thanks to everyone involved

Happy days 

[Image: vt2KPJ.jpg]
[Image: jgrBI0.jpg]
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-16-2019, 05:22 PM)philrandal Wrote: And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

Figured out how to reproduce.

Navigate to a playlist, and play it.

Select the last item in the list and then the playlist vanishes.

Also, navigate back to radio menu while listening to your playlist, click on a station and it plays, but playlist vanishes.

Phil

Great setup! Who's the little fellow in front of the (tiny) antique vinyl player? :-)
 :@
(04-16-2019, 05:51 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Great setup! Who's the little fellow in front of the (tiny) antique vinyl player? :-)

Nipper
(04-16-2019, 04:39 PM)pizzaparty Wrote: Hello!

First of all thank you for this incredible piece of software and all the hard work you put into it!

I have a problem with my library view/search: I have made a point of tagging all of my music with the artist name formatted as "first name last name" so for example "David Bowie" not "Bowie, David". In Moode 5.0 some of the artist's names are now jumbled, not only like "Bowie, David" but also abominations like "Adderley, Cannonball, and his Orchestra", "Budd, Harold/Eno Brian with Lanois, Daniel" or "Tribe Called Quest, A" and the fun part is: if I don't type it into the search window exactly as it's written it finds absolutely nothing. Not all names are jumbled like that so it's a happy guessing game. I never had any problems with previous versions of Moode and it makes no difference if I sort by "artist" or "album artist". It's also the same library with the same tags as before, so I really don't know what happened. 

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you,
Martin

Hi Martin,

moOde 5 will use the ArtistSort and AlbumSort tags if they are populated. Generally these particular tags are only present and populated if the collection was purposefully tagged in this way.

Use your tagging utility to examine a sample of the tracks where the Artist is displayed in the Library as last_name, first_name and see if the ArtistSort tag is populated.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-16-2019, 05:51 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Great setup! Who's the little fellow in front of the (tiny) antique vinyl player? :-)

(04-16-2019, 06:00 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Nipper

Hes a very quiet dog, he just like to listen to good music Tongue
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(04-16-2019, 04:41 PM)lurkio Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: U will need ti install the Piano 2.1 Firmware files. They are not part of the standard Linux Kernel Firmware and thus not included with moOde.
https://allo.com/sparky/piano-dac-2-1.html#downloads

Hi thanks for the reply  - hmmm not had to do this before and am not having much luck working it out
I've already got 
dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio
in the config file
is there something else I have to do ? I cant find any documentation on how to install the firmware files

Sorry for being a bit noob
Lx

Enter the commands below via SSH

Code:
cd ~
wget https://github.com/allocom/piano-firmware/archive/master.zip
sudo unzip -q master.zip
sudo rm ./master.zip
sudo cp -r ./piano-firmware-master/lib/firmware/allo /lib/firmware
sudo rm -rf ./piano-firmware-master
Enjoy the Music!
(04-16-2019, 05:04 PM)philrandal Wrote: A couple of UI issues.

After clicking on the playing radio station logo in the player panel at the bottom of the screen, up pops the familiar playback screen.

At the very top left of the screen, there's a very small very dim grey search button, to all intents invisible, as is the bar (top middle, can't see it to tell what it is).

This needs a fix to make them visible.

Android 9 phone, tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Second one, there's a save playlist option in the menu on that screen. A load playlist option would be extremely useful as well.

I still can't get my head around the new UI. Needs a 'home' button on every screen to take you back to the 'now playing' plus playlist screen.

Phil

(04-16-2019, 05:22 PM)philrandal Wrote: And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

I'm not seeing the UI anomalies that you mention. Try posting some screen shots so we can see what u are seeing on your device. Below are a couple screen shots from my iPhone. There are others in the Features section at moodeaudio.org.

I don't quite understand the Home button. Toggling between Playback full screen and Library with Playbar just takes one tap on the cover.

Enjoy the Music!
Just installed moode 5 and seems my Airplay issues have gone away Heart thanks!

Is there any settings I can change to stop me from being locked out of the interface while I'm playing something via Airplay or Bluetooth?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)