Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
Trying to boot Moode 5 but the process stops at "moode login:", I can log in but not sure where to go from there. I can't log in with ssh.
Any ideas?
(04-14-2019, 11:35 PM)JST1963 Wrote: I don't think it is browser related...
I also have it using
- Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134
- Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 (64 bits)
- Safari on iPad

What happens when you leave auto-shuffle off and then just try Instant Album play?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-14-2019, 11:57 PM)Mike A Wrote: Trying to boot Moode 5 but the process stops at "moode login:", I can log in but not sure where to go from there. I can't log in with ssh.
Any ideas?

Solved, managed to get the network connection up and then it was easy in the browser. 

Must switch brain on before computer work...
lol, been there
Enjoy the Music!
Got 5.0 up and running, will turn on my tube amp later. The GUI has changed, taking time to get used to.
Tim, i hear improved SQ, great job by you and all who contributed.
With the client/server nature of mode it can occasionally get out of sync, like if you exit the client app then return later the client has no way of knowing what the current song or album is until it reconnects to the server. I’ve only ever seen this rarely while spamming the album shuffle button with playback maximized. Pressing something that interacts with mpd (like pause) will force the case and you’ll be back in sync. I suppose I should have looked into it more but instead just tempered my crack monkey happy button tendencies. Wink
I'm using Squeezelite mainly. In version 5, when Squeezelite is active the overlay with the text "Squeezelite Active" is completely blocking the page so nowhere to get back to the Moode pages.

In the right hand corner there is a popup with the text: "MPD error failed to open ALSA default (alsa) failed to open ALSA device "hw:0.0". Device or resource busy.
Hi,

Having trouble connecting to Bluetooth with V5.

Seems to pair up ok and switches output to Bluetooth but when I hit play I get the attached message come up.

Also, sometimes when I switch back to local output I get a full screen message saying I'm connected to Bluetooth and the device name I'm connected to.

Apart from that the upgrade has gone well so far.

Cheers,

David.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-15-2019, 08:27 AM)pimvd Wrote: I'm using Squeezelite mainly. In version 5, when Squeezelite is active the overlay with the text "Squeezelite Active" is completely blocking the page so nowhere to get back to the Moode pages.

In the right hand corner there is a popup with the text: "MPD error failed to open ALSA default (alsa) failed to open ALSA device "hw:0.0". Device or resource busy.

When the renderers including Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify, Squeezelite and Analog/S/PDIF Input are active they take over playback from MPD. Playback control including volume is handled entirely by the renderer's client app.

The "Active" screen disappears and MPD playback resumes (if resume MPD is set to yes for the renderer) when any of the following occurs on the client.

- Bluetooth: user click/tap "Disconnect"
- Airplay: user stops playback or exits the player app (there is typically a 10 sec timeout before Airplay actually terminates the session)
- Spotify: user stops playback or exits the player app.
- Squeezelite: user click/tap the Power Off button in LMS. Note that if Squeezelite renderer is turned ON in moOde and LMS is not active on another host in the network the Squeezelite renderer defaults to LMS ON.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!