Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-15-2019, 09:49 AM)mayburyds Wrote: Hi,

Having trouble connecting to Bluetooth with V5.

Seems to pair up ok and switches output to Bluetooth but when I hit play I get the attached message come up.

Also, sometimes when I switch back to local output I get a full screen message saying I'm connected to Bluetooth and the device name I'm connected to.

Apart from that the upgrade has gone well so far.

Cheers,

David.

Hi,

Are you doing Client -> moOde or moOde -> Bluetooth Speaker?

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? I'll try on my end.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:49 AM)mayburyds Wrote: Hi,

Having trouble connecting to Bluetooth with V5.

Seems to pair up ok and switches output to Bluetooth but when I hit play I get the attached message come up.

Also, sometimes when I switch back to local output I get a full screen message saying I'm connected to Bluetooth and the device name I'm connected to.

Apart from that the upgrade has gone well so far.

Cheers,

David.

Hi,

Are you doing Client -> moOde or moOde -> Bluetooth Speaker?

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? I'll try on my end.

I assume David meant moOde -> BT. His issue sounds reminiscent of http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...32#pid8832

It's not convenient ATM to try repro'ing here and his issue may well be different but I thought it worth mentioning.

Good hunting.

Regards,
Kent
(04-14-2019, 10:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 06:32 PM)philrandal Wrote: It also survives

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

to bring it up to the 2019-04-08 Raspbian update.

Cheers,

Phil

Nice :-)

I didn't see a compelling reason to bump the Raspbian ver this time around. Did you spot anything significant?

No, but in my day job security updates are king, so I apply them rigorously wherever.

Cheers,

Phil

Have just installed the moode 5.0
A question because of the driver AUDIOPHONICS I-SABER V4 DAC ES9023 TCXO.
Will not appear in the driver list ...
Can I use the AUDIOPHONICS ES9023 DAC or RPi-DAC?

thank you in advance
Below is from Audiophonics

ES9018DAC / ES9023DAC / ES9023 DAC LTE / ES9023 DAC TCXO /  TDA1387 are all using rip-dac
PCM5102 DAC is using hifiberry-dac
PCM5122 DAC is using hifiberry-dac-plus
ES9028 and 38 will use the new I-sabre-q2m

What I did in moOde is the following list

Audiophonics ES9018 DAC --> rpi-dac
Audiophonics ES9023 DAC --> rpi-dac
Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC --> i-sabre-q2m
Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC (Pre 2019) --> i-sabre-q2m
Audiophonics PCM5102 DAC --> hifiberry-dac
Audiophonics PCM5122 DAC --> hifiberry-dacplus
Audiophonics TDA1387 DAC --> rpi-dac
Enjoy the Music!
(04-15-2019, 12:34 PM)philrandal Wrote:

sudo apt-get update

Cheers,

Phil

I didn't see a compelling reason to bump the Raspbian ver this time around. Did you spot anything significant?

No, but in my day job security updates are king, so I apply them rigorously wherever.

Cheers,

Phil

(04-15-2019, 01:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Below is from Audiophonics

ES9018DAC / ES9023DAC / ES9023 DAC LTE / ES9023 DAC TCXO /  TDA1387 are all using rip-dac
PCM5102 DAC is using hifiberry-dac
PCM5122 DAC is using hifiberry-dac-plus
ES9028 and 38 will use the new I-sabre-q2m

What I did in moOde is the following list

Audiophonics ES9018 DAC --> rpi-dac
Audiophonics ES9023 DAC --> rpi-dac
Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC --> i-sabre-q2m
Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC (Pre 2019) --> i-sabre-q2m
Audiophonics PCM5102 DAC --> hifiberry-dac
Audiophonics PCM5122 DAC --> hifiberry-dacplus
Audiophonics TDA1387 DAC --> rpi-dac

OK.
The final version 5.0 goes very well with me ..
A great job from you .....
Thank you
(04-15-2019, 12:34 PM)philrandal Wrote:

sudo apt-get update

Cheers,

Phil

Cheers,

Phil

Hi, Phil.

I tend to feel this way too but the Law of Unintended Consequences has a nasty habit of intruding. Even a minor kernel revision may incur changes to parts of Linux which have nothing to do with security but which may affect us. Case in point is the apparent deprecation of lirc_rpi in Raspbian's kernel 4.19.x.

With ARM-based Debian distros in general and Raspbian in particular I've learned to be cautious about firing off a dist-upgrade.

Regards,
Kent
(04-15-2019, 11:40 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 08:27 AM)pimvd Wrote: I'm using Squeezelite mainly. In version 5, when Squeezelite is active the overlay with the text "Squeezelite Active" is completely blocking the page so nowhere to get back to the Moode pages.

In the right hand corner there is a popup with the text: "MPD error failed to open ALSA default (alsa) failed to open ALSA device "hw:0.0". Device or resource busy.

When the renderers including Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify, Squeezelite and Analog/S/PDIF Input are active they take over playback from MPD. Playback control including volume is handled entirely by the renderer's client app.

The "Active" screen disappears and MPD playback resumes (if resume MPD is set to yes for the renderer) when any of the following occurs on the client.

- Bluetooth: user click/tap "Disconnect"
- Airplay: user stops playback or exits the player app (there is typically a 10 sec timeout before Airplay actually terminates the session)
- Spotify: user stops playback or exits the player app.
- Squeezelite: user click/tap the Power Off button in LMS. Note that if Squeezelite renderer is turned ON in moOde and LMS is not active on another host in the network the Squeezelite renderer defaults to LMS ON.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, that makes sense.
The only thing is that the overlay "Squeezelite Active" appears on moode/index.php. In version 4 it appeared only on the playback page so i could still visit the other, for instance, configuration pages.
In the 4 series there were issues caused by changing certain settings while a renderer was active so in the 5 series the Active screens don't expose the main menu button. The exception is Bluetooth and Line-in (Analog/S/PDIF) Active screens. In these two cases tapping on the title in the center of the screen opens either BlueZ config or Source Select.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-15-2019, 12:26 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 11:35 PM)JST1963 Wrote: I don't think it is browser related...
I also have it using
- Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134
- Firefox Quantum 66.0.3 (64 bits)
- Safari on iPad

What happens when you leave auto-shuffle off and then just try Instant Album play?

When Auto-Shuffle is off, and I have a playlist of a few songs, turn on the random function, the go to the cover art mode and select an album, I don't have the problem. The album is played instantly and the playbar is OK, and so is the cover art on the playback page.

By turning Auto-Shuffle back on, the issue returns...

Maybe turning of auto-shuffle instead  of the random function will help...
I wonder if there are other people who have it.

Johan
 :@