Thank you for your donation!

Cd playback an ripping
Hello there, 

Today we want to announce and celebrate the first of a series of new features and improvement that will take volumio to the next level: CD Playback and Ripping

As its name suggests this feature adds to Volumio the capability to read Audio CDs (by pluggin ANY USB CD Reader) and store them in flac lossless format either on the internal memory or on any USB drive.

Can this also add to Moode
(04-17-2019, 09:13 AM)Jempie Wrote: Hello there, 

Today we want to announce and celebrate the first of a series of new features and improvement that will take volumio to the next level: CD Playback and Ripping

As its name suggests this feature adds to Volumio the capability to read Audio CDs (by pluggin ANY USB CD Reader) and store them in flac lossless format either on the internal memory or on any USB drive.

Can this also add to Moode

<< Today we want to announce and celebrate ...snip.... Can this also add to Moode >>

Since when the Volumio developers/administration board are intruding ino the Moode Player's running and are also advertising their own player's features...? (this is what your post implicates, mind you...)
Seriously? That's the next level for Volumio????

I would hate it if Tim would put his time in this concept. Besides, this idea is already 5-6 years old (maybe even more).
Bluesound has their Vault devices which do exactly this, ripping from CD and storing it internally on a HD.

BTW, I have 3 Bluesound Nodes (1st generation) in my house and they play fan-tas-tic. Especially in their multi-room solution, they're unbeatable. And as far as sound quality is concerned, they outrun any RPi solution. Even the Katana doesn't come close. Of course, these things cost a bit more than any RPi solution.

Anyway, no, no ripping CD's for me in moOde. I still prefer doing the ripping myself so I have full control over the quality, how I want to tag them and where I want to store all the tracks.

I would prefer Tim putting his time in a moOde-coffee machine. You know, a device where the coffee drips out of the 3.5 jack of the RPi, and where the coffee gets stronger the heavier music you play...  Idea

J
--- Bad sound kills good music ---
(04-18-2019, 11:03 AM)JST1963 Wrote: Seriously?.... snip....

I would prefer Tim putting his time in a moOde-coffee machine. You know, a device where the coffee drips out of the 3.5 jack of the RPi, and where the coffee gets stronger the heavier music you play...  Idea

J

+1
Great idea... You'd get seriously strong coffee playing some Wagner in the morning while for the evening I'd suggest some lift music... light and airy... Smile

@mods
Please feel free to move this thread to Feature Requests or Uncategorised where it may grab a more wholesome and deserved appreciation, that is if @Jempie agrees...