Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Soundirok cover art
(04-21-2019, 10:44 AM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 06:17 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 08:38 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Anybody who has a solution for embedded covers? Because this all works great for separate cover files but not for the all-in-covers...

Thx,
Johan

... a workaround maybe http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...282&page=2

I can't quite follow you, Mike... Is this going to solve my problem having cover art in Soundirok or M.A.L.P.?

I apologise I took your query out of context i.e. as a problem with embedded cover art full stop not particular to one specific application... Angel
(04-21-2019, 10:17 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 08:35 PM)Tenbagger Wrote: I wrote a short bash script to extract embedded covers into their respective folders. I'll post it here if I can locate it...

Thx for the clear answer. And yes, please, I would love to try that script.
I had my library as a flat list but as soon as I found out cover art wasn't working in that sort of setup, I put all the songs back in a folder structure "drive:\Artist\Album\Song.ext".
Didn't do it manually but I did it with a lil (very basic) routine I wrote in (die hard programmers, cover your ears now!!!) in Excel using VBA.

J
Please find my script below. Some comments that might be of interest:

Album art is extracted using ffmpeg, which is installed as a part of moOde. My collection has been built using iTunes with Apple Lossless (ALAC). From what I can see, ffmpeg will only extract .jpg from media files. (This was a not much of a problem in my collection.)  

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
# Script must be run from the folder containing subfolders for the artists,
# again containing subfolders for albums, and eventually containing .m4a-files with album art embedded.
#
# Album art in .jpg-format from the first .m4a-file in each folder is extracted.
#
IFS=$'\n'
for ARTIST in ./*
do
       ARTN=$(echo $ARTIST | cut -d'/' -f2)
       if [ -d "$ARTIST" ]
       then
               printf "Checking artist:\t${ARTN}\n"
               for ALBUM in ${ARTIST}/*
               do
                       ALBN=$(echo $ALBUM | cut -d'/' -f3)
                       if [ -d "$ALBUM" ]
                       then
                               FIRST=$(ls $ALBUM/*.m4a | head -1)
                               printf "Extracting .jpg from:\t${ALBN}\n"
                               ffmpeg -y -i $FIRST ${ALBUM}/Folder.jpg
                       else
                               printf "Not album:\t\t${ALBN}\n"
                       fi
               done
       else
               printf "Not artist:\t${ARTN}\n"
       fi
done
Enjoy the music!
Tried adding the line "if (!file_exists('/var/www/cover')) {SysCmd('ln -s /var/lib/mpd/music /var/www/cover');}" in moode 5.1 but got the following errors, it worked fine with moode 5?

20190426 113011 worker: - Start
20190426 113011 worker: Successfully daemonized
20190426 113011 worker: Integrity check (failed)
20190426 113011 worker: Exited
20190426 113243 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
20190426 113246 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
20190426 113301 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
20190426 113305 command/moode: Connection to MPD failed
This command should fix your problem:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Integrity check exit the worker if nginx.conf or worker.php are modified, with the command, it will just print a warning in the logs.
(04-26-2019, 10:51 AM)TookaFace Wrote: This command should fix your problem:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Integrity check exit the worker if nginx.conf or worker.php are modified, with the command, it will just print a warning in the logs.

Thanks, that done the trick.