Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Doesn't Display in Firefox
I am a recent convert from Volumio getting ready to tuck in! Very appreciative of the project and what youv'e done! Main issue, however, is that an up to date version of moOde 5.0 doesn't display the player page in Firefox 66.0.3. I'll show you what I see.

Firefox:

[Image: 0IoTrZl.png]

Chrome:

[Image: JlxVy6a.png]

When I try to click on the bar to toggle the player from the library view in FF with the console open, I can see a warning for "Empty string passed to getElementById()." in
jquery-1.8.2.min.js:2:10384

[Image: VPUWmEH.png]
Hello jfkdlsaiii,

after the In-Place-Update to Moode 5.1 I get the same picture as you get in Firefox, but I'm using Chrome!
My installation becomes unresponsive in the browser, i.e. if I click on configure I get the "start-window" for configuration, but nothing else opens. I tried a completely fresh install, but as soon as I apply the update to 5.1 the player is no longer usable.
Very strange. At the moment I have no clue.
Btw. I can ssh into the player without a problem. There it seems that the mpd-service is not started at all. If I start it manually I can seen the player (now-playing-page) but I still can not get into configuration.

duke.g

2x RPi 3B, 1x RPi 4, Moode 8; 4k flac Songs; 180k MP3 Songs; Asset-UpnP 184k Songs
The blues has got a hold of me, I believe I'm gettin' dizzy - ZZ Top
Which version of MPD are you using ?
0.20.20 Default works here..... Big Grin
The 0.21.6 Testing not so good here..... Smile
----------
bob
(04-24-2019, 06:31 AM)duke.g Wrote: Hello jfkdlsaiii,

after the In-Place-Update to Moode 5.1 I get the same picture as you get in Firefox, but I'm using Chrome!
My installation becomes unresponsive in the browser, i.e. if I click on configure I get the "start-window" for configuration, but nothing else opens. I tried a completely fresh install, but as soon as I apply the update to 5.1 the player is no longer usable.
Btw. I can ssh into the player without a problem. There it seems that the mpd-service is not started at all. If I start it manually I can seen the player (now-playing-page) but I still can not get into configuration.

duke.g

Reboot and then post contents of moOde log.

cat /var/log/moode.log
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
FYI,

Firefox and Chrome work fine with my two moOde r5.1 players, testing just now from four different platforms: LinuxMint 18.3 on a laptop, iOS 12.2 on an iPad 9.7 (2017), Android 7.1.1 on a Nexus 9 tablet, and Android 8.1.0 on a Nexus 6P phone. Too lazy to reboot the laptop into Windows 10 but I've not had problems there in the past either.

I can give you version numbers of the browsers if you really want, but I'm more inclined to believe you have stale .js files in your browser caches. See if clearing your caches of downloaded files helps.

Regards,
Kent
(04-24-2019, 02:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: FYI,

Firefox and Chrome work fine with my two moOde r5.1 players, testing just now from four different platforms: LinuxMint 18.3 on a laptop, iOS 12.2 on an iPad 9.7 (2017), Android 7.1.1 on a Nexus 9 tablet, and Android 8.1.0 on a Nexus 6P phone. Too lazy to reboot the laptop into Windows 10 but I've not had problems there in the past either.

I can give you version numbers of the browsers if you really want, but I'm more inclined to believe you have stale .js files in your browser caches. See if clearing your caches of downloaded files helps.

Regards,
Kent

I saw that blank screen randomly in testing 5.0 on Firefox.  Try clearing the browser cache.
Cheers,

Phil

(04-24-2019, 10:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 06:31 AM)duke.g Wrote: Hello jfkdlsaiii,

duke.g

Reboot and then post contents of moOde log.

cat /var/log/moode.log

Hello Tim,

thank you for your response. Here is the output:

pi@moode:~ $ cat /var/log/moode.log
20190424 001354 worker: - Start
20190424 001354 worker: Successfully daemonized
20190424 001354 worker: Integrity check (failed)
20190424 001354 worker: Exited

That's all!

By the way, all was fine before the update. Moode worked in every browser I tested. I really don't know what is happening. If I install from scratch, moode 5.0 runs just fine. After I apply the update and reboot I get the described behavior.

Many thanks in advance
   duke.g

Well, I think I found the problem. I've edited the worker.php in order to add the line:

// ensure certain files exist
if (!file_exists('/var/www/cover')) {sysCmd('ln -s /var/lib/mpd/music /var/www/cover');} NEW LINE
if (!file_exists('/var/local/www/currentsong.txt')) {sysCmd('touch /var/local/www/currentsong.txt');}

After that, the integrity check fails. That is a new behavior in 5.1!

Regards
   duke.g

2x RPi 3B, 1x RPi 4, Moode 8; 4k flac Songs; 180k MP3 Songs; Asset-UpnP 184k Songs
This command should fix your problem:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Integrity check exit the worker if nginx.conf or worker.php are modified, with the command, it will just print a warning in the logs.
(04-24-2019, 08:06 PM)TookaFace Wrote: This command should fix your problem:

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_hash SET ACTION = 'warning' WHERE PARAM = '/var/www/command/worker.php'"

Integrity check exit the worker if nginx.conf or worker.php are modified, with the command, it will just print a warning in the logs.

Hello TookaFace,

thanks a lot. this is working!

Many thanks
   Duke.g

(04-24-2019, 05:17 AM)jfkdlsaiii Wrote: I am a recent convert from Volumio getting ready to tuck in! Very appreciative of the project and what youv'e done! Main issue, however, is that an up to date version of moOde 5.0 doesn't display the player page in Firefox 66.0.3. I'll show you what I see.

When I try to click on the bar to toggle the player from the library view in FF with the console open, I can see a warning for "Empty string passed to getElementById()." in
jquery-1.8.2.min.js:2:10384

[Image: VPUWmEH.png]

Firefox 66.0.3 wfm. I don’t see it on my system but can you click the disclosure triangle on the SecurityError and also list any extensions you have installed? The function it’s reporting is kind of hacky (it’s part of patching an css rule in memory but we need to do that to avoid reloading when making changes in the appearance panel which also saves a bunch of complexity). I suspect there’s some code running that’s trying to prevent websites from doing nefarious things and you’ll need to whitelist moode.