Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Unable to get the EQ's working
Hi all, I'm just getting acquainted with MoOde. It's great so far but I'm struggling to get any playback when I select any EQ option, even after reboots.

I get the following from the /var/log/mpd/log file.

Code:
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA graphic eq" [alsa]                                                                                                       
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: nested: Error opening ALSA device "alsaequal"                                                                                                 
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Invalid argument                                                                                                  
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: Failed to open "ALSA graphic eq" [alsa]                                                                                                       
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: nested: Error opening ALSA device "alsaequal"                                                                                                 
Apr 26 16:35 : exception: snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Invalid argument                                                                                                  
Apr 26 16:35 : player: problems opening audio device while playing "NAS/MP3sMixed/Fu Manchu/California Crossing/01 Separate Kingdom.mp3" 

I need a little help as I'd like to increase the bass a little into my crappy speakers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here's the audio info output from the moOde WebGUI (when working without EQ enabled). Hope it helps spot a config error or something...

Code:
INPUT PROCESSING
Source: 
NAS/MP3sMixed/Fu Manchu/California Crossing/04 Thinkin Out Loud.mp3
Encoded at: 
44.1 kHz, Stereo, MP3
Decoded to: 
24 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo, 192 kbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Resampling: 
32 bit, 384 kHz, Stereo (SoX very high quality)
Crossfeed: 
off
Equalizer: 
Graphic EQ: (off), Parametric EQ: (off}
Crossfade: 
0 seconds
Other: 
Volume normalize (no}, Replaygain (off)
Chip options: 
FIR interpolation with de-emphasis, gain=0 dB, boost=.8 dB
Volume ctl: 
Hardware (on-chip volume controller)
OUTPUT STREAM
Format: 
32 bit, 352.8 kHz, Stereo, 22.579 mbps
AUDIO DEVICE
Device: 
HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
Chip: 
Burr Brown PCM5122
Architecture: 
Sigma/Delta Advanced Segment 24 bit 192 kHz
Interface: 
I2S
I've nailed it!

Don't upmixed beyond the spec of your DAC and enable the EQ. Then you'll get the issue I had. 

Setting the upscaling to max of 192kHz/24bit and enabling the EQ works fine for me now.

Strange thing is I could max out the upscaling to 384kHz/32bit without the EQ and get audio. Some voodoo going on there but setting the options to sensible values got things working as expected.

It's great having that little extra bass I was missing before.

Thanks for a great project guys! Amazing work.