Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Playlist weirdness on Android phone
Tested in both Chrome and Firefox on my Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android 9 phone, on both Moode 5.0 and 5.1.

In landscape mode, the playlist behaves itself.

In portrait mode it is apt to vanish without a trace, making this user's experience full of woe.

To replicate, switch from playback screen to radio, add a station to playlist, switch back to playback screen, and no playlist.

The Mi A2 Lite has a 5.84" (14.83 cm) display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels, if that helps.

Do other phone users have this problem?

Oh, the context menu on that screen needs a "load playlist" as well as its "save playlist" option, to make it all a tad easier to use.

Cheers,

Phil

(04-24-2019, 06:06 PM)Dphilrandal Wrote: In landscape mode, the playlist behaves itself.

In portrait mode it is apt to vanish without a trace, making this user's experience full of woe.

To replicate, switch from playback screen to radio, add a station to playlist, switch back to playback screen, and no playlist.

The Mi A2 Lite has a 5.84" (14.83 cm) display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels, if that helps.
The playlist doesn’t automatically display in portrait mode, it only shows when you scroll up or press the track name which will go to the currently playing track/item. I can’t really see this behavior changing.

If that’s not what you’re talking about then go to http://viewportsizes/mine/ to get the size moode sees (it’ll be 1/2 that or smaller) and we can see if there’s an edge case happening but we test typical android screen sizes. 

Quote:Oh, the context menu on that screen needs a "load playlist" as well as its "save playlist" option, to make it all a tad easier to use.
I can’t see this changing either, there’s already a way to load playlists and by the same logic someone else could argue for “load album” or “add radio station” or whatever. It’s like 2 clicks to get to your playlists if you don’t use the folder view, that’s not really an onerous burden.

I can see the merit in having “play next” (insert into play queue after current track) in addition to “play later” (what it does now which is to append it to the queue) for context menus in the library but it’s not on the todo list afaik and I haven’t seen anyone asking for it.
(04-24-2019, 09:52 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 06:06 PM)Dphilrandal Wrote: In landscape mode, the playlist behaves itself.

The playlist doesn’t automatically display in portrait mode, it only shows when you scroll up or press the track name which will go to the currently playing track/item. I can’t really see this behavior changing.

If that’s not what you’re talking about then go to http://viewportsizes/mine/ to get the size moode sees (it’ll be 1/2 that or smaller) and we can see if there’s an edge case happening but we test typical android screen sizes. 

Quote:Oh, the context menu on that screen needs a "load playlist" as well as its "save playlist" option, to make it all a tad easier to use.
I can’t see this changing either, there’s already a way to load playlists and by the same logic someone else could argue for “load album” or “add radio station” or whatever. It’s like 2 clicks to get to your playlists if you don’t use the folder view, that’s not really an onerous burden.

I can see the merit in having “play next” (insert into play queue after current track) in addition to “play later” (what it does now which is to append it to the queue) for context menus in the library but it’s not on the todo list afaik and I haven’t seen anyone asking for it.

I did mean real weirdness, the pulldown not working. The problem is oddly intermittent - I cannot reliably reproduce the symptoms, yet it occurs frequently.

Viewport sizes 424 * 754 portrait, 810 * 331 landscape.

Cheers,

Phil

Hey,
It seemed, when you have only 1 item in the current playlist, then you can't scroll down on portrait mode.

Just tested on Android 8 with Firefox/Chrome.

You can reproduce by instant play a radio or add/play only 1 title.

Viewport size 360 * 660 portrait

EDIT: Its pretty random, because now with more than 1 item i also have the problem.

EDIT2: If my current playlist have more than 5 items, then no problems, if playlist have 5 items or less, then i can't scroll down much of the time.

EDIT3: No problems on Safari (Iphone X)
(04-25-2019, 06:55 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Hey,
It seemed, when you have only 1 item in the current playlist, then you can't scroll down on portrait mode.

EDIT: Its pretty random, because now with more than 1 item i also have the problem.

EDIT2: If my current playlist have more than 5 items, then no problems, if playlist have 5 items or less, then i can't scroll down much of the time.

Ok, I can reproduce and have a fix that should work. It doesn’t test very well on the sim though, if you and Phil are comfortable with ssh and editing a text file I can send the patch and we can try it on your devices. PM me if interested.
Yeah of course, i can test tomorrow. PM sended.
(04-25-2019, 06:27 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 06:55 AM)TookaFace Wrote: Hey,

Ok, I can reproduce and have a fix that should work. It doesn’t test very well on the sim though, if you and Phil are comfortable with ssh and editing a text file I can send the patch and we can try it on your devices. PM me if interested.

I've done limited testing with @swizzle's patch and so far it looks good. Fingers crossed.