Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: moOde 5.1: Library on NAS or USB: Autoshuffle working yes/no
Version: Moode 5.1 (I think the problem doesn't exist on moOde 5.0 beacuse I don't think I have it at the office. I will check tomorrow)

AutoShuffle is ON, Random is ON

Problem:
if Library is on NAS: Autoshuffle shows me two songs after a while in the playlist (time depends on n° of songs in library)
if Library is on USB drive: AutoShuffle doesn't work.

Can you check this?

Thx,
Joahn
 :@
What are the exact steps to repro?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I usually have a library on my Synology NAS. Now I was testing some stuff and I put some albums on an external USB drive (SSD), and came by accident to the conclusion that my music didn't start after clicking the random button (Autoshuffle was already on in config).

So, disconnected the SSD, mounted the NAS again, and clicked the Random button. After about 30 seconds, 2 songs popped up in the playlist., playing the 1st one.

Then, I unmounted the NAS again, connected my SSD again, updated the MPD database, clicked the Randowm button.... nothing happened, not even after 3 minutes....

J
(04-24-2019, 11:17 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Version: Moode 5.1 (I think the problem doesn't exist on moOde 5.0 beacuse I don't think I have it at the office. I will check tomorrow)

AutoShuffle is ON, Random is ON

Problem:
if Library is on NAS: Autoshuffle shows me two songs after a while in the playlist (time depends on n° of songs in library)
if Library is on USB drive: AutoShuffle doesn't work.

Can you check this?

Thx,
Joahn

Like I said: moOde 5.0 doesn't have the problem, moOde 5.1 does... Sad
One of my test Pi's has just a USB stick containing music files and I'm not able to repro this. Auto-shuffle works fine.

Maybe try examining mpd log or run moodeutl -m to see if there is pegged cpu or full ram
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I’m not an auto-shuffler but iirc there were issues with the newer version of mpd, maybe double check it’s using .20.20 instead of .21.6?
Sorry guys for being so stupid..... Confused

Here's the thing:
I have a folder with songs that are extracted from my album library on my NAS, just songs I like most. They all have info in the "Comment" tag. That way I can filter the songs I want to play at the office. Some people at the office however don't like certain genres so I don't play them. They are still on the disk for when I'm alone :-)

But when Swizzle mentioned the version of MPD, I thought "maybe I just turn of the Auto-Shuffle Filter under Appearance", because that was only possible with the 0.21.x family. And guess what? Music started to play....

And then I realized I copied files onto that SSD that were not tagged (no info in the Comment tag), so no wonder nothing happened, and no music was played. It was totally correct. I had set the Auto-Shuffle filter in such a way moOde didn't find any songs corresponding the filter, so... nothing was played...

So, once again... Sorry, for wasting your time here. I should've thought it all the way through before opening my mouth...

Johan