Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Renderer
(04-05-2019, 08:33 AM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: Hello I am new to moode.

I have a question.

I have moode 4.4 and I have spotif premium account.

Is there anyway that moode HW ( rpi ) becomes spotify client rather then my phone ? Is there anyway control spotify from moode UI ?

Thanks

The short answer is "no".

The long answer is that a Linux-based Spotify client does exist. Quoting from their website ( https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/)

Quote:Spotify for Linux is a labor of love from our engineers that wanted to listen to Spotify on their Linux development machines. They work on it in their spare time and it is currently not a platform that we actively support. The experience may differ from our other Spotify Desktop clients, such as Windows and Mac.

This is totally separate from moOde and totally unsupported by the moOde development team. It's likely that trying to install and run it side-by-side with moOde on the same RPi will fail, revealing various clashes between the two products. If you're a Linux hacker and enjoy working without a net you could try.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for the comprehensive answer @TheOldPresbyope

(04-05-2019, 08:33 AM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: Hello I am new to moode.

I have a question.

I have moode 4.4 and I have spotif premium account.

Is there anyway that moode HW ( rpi ) becomes spotify client rather then my phone ? Is there anyway control spotify from moode UI ?

Thanks

The short answer is "no".

The long answer is that a Linux-based Spotify client does exist. Quoting from their website ( https://www.spotify.com/us/download/linux/)

Quote:Spotify for Linux is a labor of love from our engineers that wanted to listen to Spotify on their Linux development machines. They work on it in their spare time and it is currently not a platform that we actively support. The experience may differ from our other Spotify Desktop clients, such as Windows and Mac.

This is totally separate from moOde and totally unsupported by the moOde development team. It's likely that trying to install and run it side-by-side with moOde on the same RPi will fail, revealing various clashes between the two products. If you're a Linux hacker and enjoy working without a net you could try.

Regards,
Kent
Hi,

i use spotify and everything works fine you can skip to the play list.
the only is i cannot choose for an album thats is not in the play list it stays playing songs of the playlist
when i disconnect from airplay moode to phono and select an album and switch to airplay he reconnect and play the album

is this an incorrect setting?

moode 4.3 / RPI-3b / Sabre 9023 

thanks