Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Sampling rate?
Hello fellow moOders,

I'm running moOde on a Raspberry Pi 2. I had been on v. 2.5 (I think) since 2015, but just a few days ago it stopped working, so I went ahead and set up moOde 5. Everything seems going pretty well. My music library doesn't seem complete but I'll rebuild and see what happens. My main issue is that there are some pops / clicks during playback. I am not hearing them when listening to the webradio, but only when playing mp3s from my NAS.

It sounds to me like some kind of clocking setting maybe? It's hard to hear sometimes but it seems to be consistent, every 0.5 seconds or so.

Has anyone else had that issue? I'm using the onboard 1/8th inch output from the RP2.

Thanks for any feedback or advice!
Hi,

It's caused by the presence of buffer time/period settings in mpd.conf.

Fixed in upcoming moOde 5.1 --> 5.2 update :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-05-2019, 05:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

It's caused by the presence of buffer time/period settings in mpd.conf.

Fixed in upcoming moOde 5.1 --> 5.2 update :-)

Oh great! Thanks for the quick response Tim!

Will it be a full reinstall to get the update? What's the ETA for 5.2?
I't's an in-place update that bumps 5.1 to 5.2 :-) It takes just a few minutes to install.

The update is finished I'm just waiting for kernel dev @popcornmix to push the next kernel > 4.19.37 which contains two important bug fixes: (1) memory leak and (2) default audio driver config missing.

You can monitor the kernel updates at the link below:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/commits/master
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-05-2019, 06:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I't's an in-place update that bumps 5.1 to 5.2 :-) It takes just a few minutes to install.

The update is finished I'm just waiting for kernel dev @popcornmix to push the next kernel > 4.19.37 which contains two important bug fixes: (1) memory leak and (2) default audio driver config missing.

You can monitor the kernel updates at the link below:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/commits/master

That's awesome-- thank you and thank you so much for this wonderful project. We love our moOde! Smile