Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: 5.2: Artist/Station filter not working correctly
(05-11-2019, 08:02 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tim, when you go to the filter on the library page (the page with the genre, artists and Albums) and you search for "Queen", everything is found: Queen on its own, Queen & Bowie, and Five & Queen.
When I search for "Bowie", then everything from David Bowie is found, but also Queen & David Bowie, Lulu & David Bowie.

So that's how the filter should work.

You are hand picking which part of the artist tag to use as the search string. The challenge for the filter is how to determine from an arbitrary artist string which part to use as the search term.

For the Artist tag values below, how would the code determine which part to use as search string?

Queen & Bowie
Five & Queen
Lulu & David Bowie
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
You tell me, you already did it on the library page filter...:-)

When the Artist tag is "Queen & Bowie" and you search for Queen, I might hope it will find eveything by "Queen", and also everything by "Queen & Bowie".
I do understand that when you search for "Queen & Bowie" you're not gonna find Bowie-songs and Queen-songs, duh...

But in my case here, when I play a song by Queen, it should not stop finding "Five & Queen" only, but also everything else by Queen.
 :@
On the Library page filter the human chooses the search term not the code.
Enjoy the Music!
You know, just leave it... the feature works fine in 97% of the cases here.
If my doctor would know 97% of all the deseases, I'd be more than happy. I just hope I don't get one of those deseases belonging to the 3% he doesn't know... :-)
lol.

I know what you are trying to achieve and it would probably be an improvemt over the current method. I'm sure there is a way I'm just not able to see it at the moment.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-11-2019, 08:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 08:02 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tim, when you go to the filter on the library page (the page with the genre, artists and Albums) and you search for "Queen", everything is found: Queen on its own, Queen & Bowie, and Five & Queen.
When I search for "Bowie", then everything from David Bowie is found, but also Queen & David Bowie, Lulu & David Bowie.

So that's how the filter should work.

You are hand picking which part of the artist tag to use as the search string. The challenge for the filter is how to determine from an arbitrary artist string which part to use as the search term.

For the Artist tag values below, how would the code determine which part to use as search string?

Queen & Bowie
Five & Queen
Lulu & David Bowie

You're right, it would be hard to determine, but what about the artis tags
 - Elvis Costello
 - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Here we're speaking of one and the same person and his band.

I would probably not find everything I wanted....