Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
(04-20-2019, 09:04 PM)RafaPolit Wrote:  But those looking to mostly use the MoOde player should probably not invest a lot of time in this and live with the included librespot solution. Sad

Please let me know if someone tries this on V5 and if there is something to update in the instructions.

Best regards,
Rafa.

I understand your frustrations Rafa, librespot can be 'spotty' at times...no pun intended. Personally I've moved on from librespot and Raspotify, pretty happy with my solution. Like yourself I listen to Spotify a lot, so I needed something that worked 100% of the time on all my setups. Perhaps MoOde will change some things around for you guys. Good luck

~Ed
Hallo,

today I set Rafas Spotify Connect to MoOde 5.0 and it works well with Py 3b and HifiBerry DAC+Pro. It works much better than on 4.3 (with 4.3 sometimes it was not possible to change to next song without going over queue and moode went after stopping Spotify not automaticaly back to for example radio).

The only little disadvantage is, that there are up to 3 to 5 seconds between two songs.

Many thanks to all involved and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings from Germany

Reinhard
I updated today to Moode 5.2, instructions still work, everything seems fine.

Reinhard, it's really weird you should be experiencing delay between songs, I get full gapless Playback from this. It is the only reason I have opted for this solution vs the librespot approach.

Thre is something not right if you are getting gaps between songs.

How are you including the songs? Are they from a playlist? A single album? Do you add to the queue one by one? The first two methods usually work perfectly. Working with the queue can yield some weird repetitions and odd navigation between songs. But still, never a gap between songs.

Could it be a connection issue? Are using wifi or Ethernet?
Hi RafaPolit,

Thank you for this alternative to librespot. This was the most annoying thing since I listen to a lot of full albums which need gapless playback.

I can confirm that your solution and instructions fully work on mOode 5.2, with gapless support.

I would like to know if adding SoX resampling with this plugin would be possible?

Best regards from France
Thanks for the feedback!

Well, the instructions, as listed, are using a software audio device connected to the ALSA backend. So you could try hooking up SoX into that pipeline, but it's not going to be achieved via the Moode interface, as that is (as far as I understand it) a process in MPD which is then hooking up to ALSA themselves.

I wouldn't even try... since Spotify is already 360Kbps compressed audio, I'm not sure that oversampling a stream with already-missing data would be worth it at all Sad .
I understand!

This looks like it would be utterly difficult and not worth the hassle. In my use case, SoX resampling is interesting because I can feed my Hifiberry Dac Pro the audio stream at 32 bits/384 kHz to bypass the hardware average FIR filters. But as you said, I'm only doing critical listening on local files with MPD, so... Wink

Also, I opened a thread yesterday to ask Tim if he could change the librespot implementation to librespot-java, which supports gapless playback, and would be fully integrated into moOde. He said he is interested by the idea bu needs testers. If you like the idea, we could help him.
where would one go to set the audio output to a Bluetooth connected device? I've gotten raspotify working, but I don't get audio out to my connected Bluetooth device.
(07-19-2019, 03:56 PM)mcmellenhead Wrote: where would one go to set the audio output to a Bluetooth connected device? I've gotten raspotify working, but I don't get audio out to my connected Bluetooth device.

After connecting BT speaker, moode creates "/etc/alsa/conf.d/btstream.conf". I took the contents of this file and created /etc/asound.conf. I then manually launched librespot, passing my options and specifying "--device btstream" and then music came through.
Tested this today on MoOde v6 & it works fine, I did do apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade before starting which pulled in a couple of updates.
There's an information message during pip install about potentially needing to add something to the PATH but the installation progresses normally without error.
Worked on 2 different players.
Hi
I am running Moode 5.3.1 on an Allo Boss with "slave disabled" and volume control "hardware" enabled. I tried to install Spotify connect Web via the command line exactly as described at Github. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, in the Spotify app the connect service does not show up at all.

The command 'speaker-test -Dsoftvol -c2' results in the following error message:

Playback device is softvol
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1713: (_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

Status looks good though:

sudo systemctl status spotify-connect-web.service
● spotify-connect-web.service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service; enabled; ven
Active: activating (auto-restart) since Thu 2019-08-22 22:16:56 CEST; 3s ago
Process: 1858 ExecStart=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect.sh (code=exited, stat
Main PID: 1858 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Any ideas what's wrong?