Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
I am trying to install Spotify using the instructions provided on Moode4.0. Everything was going fine until this section. vim: command not found. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

pi@moode:~/spotify $ vim spotify-connect.sh
-bash: vim: command not found
(04-23-2018, 01:40 AM)Onionhead Wrote: I am trying to install Spotify using the instructions provided on Moode4.0. Everything was going fine until this section. vim: command not found. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Vim is probably not installed
To install:
Code:
sudo apt install vim

Or use nano
Code:
pi@moode:~/spotify $ nano spotify-connect.sh
(04-23-2018, 01:40 AM)Onionhead Wrote: I am trying to install Spotify using the instructions provided on Moode4.0. Everything was going fine until this section. vim: command not found. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

@Onionhead

You just didn't know how the magic invocation. It's typical for Linux distros to install vim but call it "vi", apparently for the benefit of us dinosaurs who know the world was divided into two classes of programmers: those who used vi and those who used emacs.

Code:
pi@moode-LR:~ $ vi --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Sep 30 2017 18:21:38)
Included patches: 1-197, 322, 377-378, 550, 703, 706-707
Modified by pkg-vim-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
Compiled by pkg-vim-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
Small version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):

Regards,
Kent
Also, use whichever text editor you prefer. I use vim, but you can use nano if it is easier for you.
@RafaPolit and @TheOldPresbyope

First of all thanks this and many other contributions. I am enjoying the music more and more each day while learning about the Rpi world. Second, amazingly I have no clue what a text editor does but I am going to dig into that right now. Very much a beginner as I original started with MoOde in early 2016 so I could stream to my bedroom. What have I gotten myself into? Good day to you both
Any update on the "delay" to start songs?
(04-27-2018, 11:31 PM)gabmartini Wrote: Any update on the "delay" to start songs?

This didn't work for you?
My first post here.  Good morning Big Grin 
Anyway, just to say I followed the instructions on Git to install this in V4.1 & it worked flawlessly.  Thank you to all involved.
Using an IQaudIO DAC Pro I just changed the reference from hw:1 to hw:0 in asound.conf.
I have a 2nd MoOde audio player, one in a bedroom for headphone use only & I will want it to have a different spotify-connect name, looking at the instructions it will just be a case of amending "spotify-connect.sh" accordingly:

Code:
spotify-connect.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /
cd home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web python main.py --playback_device softvol -m Master --mixer_device_index 0 --bitrate 320 --name "ENTERNAMEHERE" --key /home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web/spotify_appkey.key
cd /
Oh and truly gapless. Thank you sir.
This is really inspiring news! I re-made those instructions to be less convoluted as I had the feeling that no one understood my original approach which included lots and lots of different approaches. It's really refreshing to know that they worked for someone without much hassle.

Thanks for reporting your success story. Much appreciated! Best regards, and happy gapless Playback Wink
Rafa.