Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
(05-14-2018, 01:02 PM)Eelco Wrote: Hi, i have an unusual setup, i have moode version 2.4 (see ) this because it's altered by the builder of my Raspberry. https://nuxii.fr/ 
i can login as root or as Pi
as Pi i seem to have little rights to install/edit stuff
as root i run stuck on:
Code:
root@moode:~/spotify/spotify-connect-web# sudo pip install -r requirements.txt
sudo: pip: command not found

what can i do? does anybody want to help me out, perhaps via a remote session or so? i am a noob in code, i can understand a bit what is done, but not much. i would so like to have spotfiy connect on my distro.

To install pip

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo easy_install pip
sudo pip install moment && sudo pip install pylms && sudo pip install python-mpd2
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(05-14-2018, 01:10 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 01:02 PM)Eelco Wrote: Hi, i have an unusual setup, i have moode version 2.4 (see ) this because it's altered by the builder of my Raspberry. https://nuxii.fr/ 
i can login as root or as Pi
as Pi i seem to have little rights to install/edit stuff
as root i run stuck on:
Code:
root@moode:~/spotify/spotify-connect-web# sudo pip install -r requirements.txt
sudo: pip: command not found

what can i do? does anybody want to help me out, perhaps via a remote session or so? i am a noob in code, i can understand a bit what is done, but not much. i would so like to have spotfiy connect on my distro.

To install pip

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo easy_install pip
sudo pip install moment && sudo pip install pylms && sudo pip install python-mpd2
that i have followed and done,
after that i wanted to go on with the "pip install -r requirements.txt"
but got error: Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-MraHzO/gevent/

Undecided 
i don't even understand what it says.. 
anyone want to help?
You appear to be doing all this as root, you should be working in the pi home directory.
Log in as root & grant pi sudo rights (they need to be a member of the wheel group).
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/...02s03.html
Start at point 4.
This is obviously for redhat but every linux distro I have ever used uses visudo.
Once pi has sudo rights follow the instructions again.
ps Does that version of Mo0de use systemd? Someone else had better answer that, as these instructions are for a linux distro with systemd.
Not familiar editing files on raspberry pi but it seems that I need to install a text editor on the Pi. Would Nano be good for an inexperienced person?
(05-15-2018, 03:53 PM)Onionhead Wrote: Not familiar editing files on raspberry pi but it seems that I need to install a text editor on the Pi. Would Nano be good for an inexperienced person?

Yes nano would be your best bet.
[quote pid='1095' dateline='1525374513']

(05-03-2018, 03:05 AM)grasshopper Wrote: My first post here.  Good morning Big Grin 
[quote pid='963' dateline='1524997598']
Anyway, just to say I followed the instructions on Git to install this in V4.1 & it worked flawlessly.  Thank you to all involved.
Using an IQaudIO DAC Pro I just changed the reference from hw:1 to hw:0 in asound.conf.
I have a 2nd MoOde audio player, one in a bedroom for headphone use only & I will want it to have a different spotify-connect name, looking at the instructions it will just be a case of amending "spotify-connect.sh" accordingly:

[/quote]

I have 2x MoOde players, one going to an amp downstairs & another in a bedroom for headshone listening, I power them down when they are not needed & so they are never both on simultaneously, therefore I didn't change anything, both players have the same name.  They have different dacs so had to change the output settings, but that is all.
[/quote]

Aha,   I see.   Easiest thing to do would be to go into the Moode Config, System menu and change the Host names (not the Browser Title) to something like Upstairs-Moode and Downstairs-Moode, or whatever suits your fancy...   Then, (if you could stand the $10-20/year of leaving them on 24/7) you'd have them both there in your Spotify list of devices and be able to tell them apart.  As well as being able to access them directly with two different browser addresses, using those names.
What JonPike details is true, but this requires to edit the spotify connect name as well, not just the Moode name / URL. The Spotify "speakers" get their name (the "connect" name) from the --name "xxx" parameter configured in the spotify-connect.sh file. So be sure to edit that one as well to reflect the upstairs, downstairs scenario.

Best regards,
Rafa.
(05-16-2018, 01:33 AM)JonPike Wrote: Aha,   I see.   Easiest thing to do would be to go into the Moode Config, System menu and change the Host names (not the Browser Title) to something like Upstairs-Moode and Downstairs-Moode, or whatever suits your fancy...   Then, (if you could stand the $10-20/year of leaving them on 24/7) you'd have them both there in your Spotify list of devices and be able to tell them apart.  As well as being able to access them directly with two different browser addresses, using those names.

Hi, thanks, yes I have them as different names now, I just changed the name of the device in the sh file in the spotify dir.
I power everything off I don't need, it's not a question of being able to afford it, I can, I just don't need to waste the power.
I have made to the section where I am to test spotify-connect-web. I am not sure what I should be looking for to determine if everything is "OK". Attached is a screen shot. Please comment or make suggested changes.

Also, when I was performing the speaker test I could not figure out how to stop it so I exited from terminal. Would this have messed something up?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)