Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
That capture is missing the important info, but the fact that it exit probably means something is wrong. Can you copy paste the words instead of a partial capture?
Hi There

Thanks for the great piece of code:-)
I am having some trouble when I want to test if the Spotify connect is working. I get the following error:
"spotify-connect-web.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'."
I am using a I2S DAC using a PCM1794 from Twisted Pear Audio. I am using the "DDDAC1794 NOS" driver and newest Moode.

I have set the HW to "CARD=sndrpirpidac,DEV=0" and that plays static left and right using the speaker-test. I have changed "mixer_device_index" to 0, 1 and 2 in the spotify-connect.sh script, but still the same error with exit-code.

Could anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Mikkel

(05-18-2018, 01:36 PM)RafaPolit Wrote: That capture is missing the important info, but the fact that it exit probably means something is wrong. Can you copy paste the words instead of a partial capture?

Sorry about that. Here is the text version.

Last login: Fri May 18 00:43:42 2018 from 10.0.0.30
pi@moode:~ $ cd /etc
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl start avahi-spotify-connect-multiuser.service
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl start spotify-connect-web.service
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl status spotify-connect-web.service
● spotify-connect-web.service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service; disabled; ve
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-05-18 00
  Process: 12990 ExecStart=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect.sh (code=exited, sta
 Main PID: 12990 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
lines 1-5/5 (END)...skipping...
(05-18-2018, 01:39 PM)miklau Wrote: Hi There

I am having some trouble when I want to test if the Spotify connect is working. I get the following error:
I am using a I2S DAC using a PCM1794 from Twisted Pear Audio. I am using the "DDDAC1794 NOS" driver and newest Moode.

I have set the HW to "CARD=sndrpirpidac,DEV=0" and that plays static left and right using the speaker-test. I have changed "mixer_device_index" to 0, 1 and 2 in the spotify-connect.sh script, but still the same error with exit-code.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Mikkel

miklau, sorry for not getting back at you on GitHub earlier.

Ok, let me explain a bit.  The speaker noise test, if run as described, is using the 'Softvol' mixer created on the asound.conf file.  Please, post the contents of that file so I can know exactly what is configured.

From what I read, you already have a mixer called Master. It could be the one 'we' created, or it could be that there was already a Master mixer and we need to find a new name for it.

So, best hunch from me with what you have posted is this steps.
Change a bit the asound.conf file to:
Code:
pcm.softvol {
 type softvol
 slave {
   pcm "hw:0"
 }
 control {
   name "SpotifyMaster"
   card 0
 }
}

Reset the Pi and run the noise test again.  Does it sound?  If yes, then change the devices in spotify-connect.sh to:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /
cd home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web python main.py --playback_device softvol -m SpotifyMaster--mixer_device_index 0 --bitrate 320 --name "moOde Connect" --key /home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web/spotify_appkey.key
cd /

If there was no sound for the noise test, then we will need to try different things.
(05-18-2018, 02:09 PM)Onionhead Wrote: Last login: Fri May 18 00:43:42 2018 from 10.0.0.30

Did you build the source with pip and was that successful?  There is really very little here to go by.  Can you post the content of the spotify-connect.sh file please?
(05-19-2018, 03:45 AM)RafaPolit Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 02:09 PM)Onionhead Wrote: Last login: Fri May 18 00:43:42 2018 from 10.0.0.30

Did you build the source with pip and was that successful?  There is really very little here to go by.  Can you post the content of the spotify-connect.sh file please?

I did use the PIP install and it was successful. I was able to run the speaker test and had the alternating noise from speaker to speaker. My only issue was I could not stop the noise any way other than to exit terminal window.

This is contents of spotify-connect.sh

Thank you

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web python main.py --playback_$
cd /
(05-19-2018, 03:40 AM)RafaPolit Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 01:39 PM)miklau Wrote: Hi There

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Mikkel

miklau, sorry for not getting back at you on GitHub earlier.

Ok, let me explain a bit.  The speaker noise test, if run as described, is using the 'Softvol' mixer created on the asound.conf file.  Please, post the contents of that file so I can know exactly what is configured.

From what I read, you already have a mixer called Master. It could be the one 'we' created, or it could be that there was already a Master mixer and we need to find a new name for it.

So, best hunch from me with what you have posted is this steps.
Change a bit the asound.conf file to:
Code:
pcm.softvol {
 type softvol
 slave {
   pcm "hw:0"
 }
 control {
   name "SpotifyMaster"
   card 0
 }
}

Reset the Pi and run the noise test again.  Does it sound?  If yes, then change the devices in spotify-connect.sh to:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web python main.py --playback_device softvol -m SpotifyMaster--mixer_device_index 0 --bitrate 320 --name "moOde Connect" --key /home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web/spotify_appkey.key
cd /

If there was no sound for the noise test, then we will need to try different things.

Thank you very much for helping Rafael  Smile

I changed the name of the Mixer to SpotifyMaster as you recommended in the asound.conf file and also in the spotify-connect.sh file (exact copy of your recommended code above). Rebooted the Raspberry pi between each step and tried to start up the spotify connect. I do unfortunately still get en error when checking the status:
Here is the code with the error message:
Code:
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-05-19 13:00:42 CEST; 7s ago
  Process: 2104 ExecStart=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect.sh [b](code=exited, status=203/EXEC)[/b]
 Main PID: 2104 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

May 19 13:00:42 moode systemd[1]: [b]spotify-connect-web.service: Unit entered failed state.[/b]
May 19 13:00:42 moode systemd[1]: spotify-connect-web.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
pi@moode:/etc $

The noise test works fine after change of code. I have tried to change the Mixer device index to 1 but unfortunately with the same result.

Thanks again for helping Smile
Miklau, there is a missing space after "SpotifyMaster" in my pasted code, please add the space after the word before the --
Onionhead, that file is missing a lot of the parameters required.

Make sure that you are copying all the info which should yield a very long line of parameters.

Strangely enough, you copied text also presents this issue, maybe it's you copy - paste procedure that is producing these results?
If I am going to repeat the procedure to add Spotify should I do it in a fresh Moode install?

Since I was previously able to get the alternating sound can you tell me the command to stop generating the loud noise.

All the best