Thank you for your donation!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
Glad to know!

The UI is just for the Moode web based UI. You would need to heavily mod the Node RED script to be able to manage a 2x20 Display: either write a file that is read by the OLED script, or modify the Moode or MPD database, etc.

It's an interesting project, but not one I'm able to tackle right now.
Still haven't been able to crack this nut. I have alternating sound but Spotify ( MAC) does not find any devices. Below are the last 2 statements with some sort of comments. From the code output below give any clues where to begin debugging?

Code:
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl start avahi-spotify-connect-multiuser.service
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl start spotify-connect-web.service
pi@moode:/etc $ sudo systemctl status spotify-connect-web.service
● spotify-connect-web.service
  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Active: activating (auto-restart) since Fri 2018-06-08 00:29:49 EDT; 3s ago
 Process: 23251 ExecStart=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 23251 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Made an error. Do not know how to delete af post... sorry
(05-23-2018, 05:25 AM)RafaPolit Wrote: Glad you worked it out Platheo, hopefully someone will use that to solve their issues.  Thanks for sharing your process.

Hi, I confirm that it has worked for me too, just changing gevent.wsgi to gevent.pywsgin main.py
Hi All,
My first time setting up MoodeAudio, having an issue with the web connect service.
Moode 4.1, rpi3 IQAudio PiDac+.
I followed the instructions and this thread and am stuck here, I get the sound test working fine but no show in spotify devices?

aplay -L
null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
btaplay_dmix
alsaequal
plug_alsaequal
btstream
crossfeed
plug_bs2b
eqfa4p
plug_eqfa4p
softvol
default:CARD=IQaudIODAC
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0
    IQaudIODAC, 
    Hardware device with all software conversions

/etc/asound.conf
pcm.softvol {
  type softvol
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0"
  }
  control {
    name "Master"
    card 0
  }
}

spotify-connect.sh
#!/bin/sh

cd /
cd home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web python main.py --playback_device softvol -m Master --mixer_device_index 0 --bitrate 320 --name "Lounge Connect" --key /home/pi/spotify/spotify-connect-web/spotify_appkey.key
cd /

sudo systemctl status spotify-connect-web.service
spotify-connect-web.service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

Jun 14 16:40:33 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
Jun 14 16:40:33 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
Jun 14 16:57:07 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
Jun 14 16:57:07 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
Jun 14 17:02:58 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:1] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.
Jun 14 17:02:58 moode systemd[1]: [/lib/systemd/system/spotify-connect-web.service:2] Assignment outside of section. Ignoring.

./spotify-connect.sh
Loading Spotify library...
Last.fm: incomplete credentials, not launched
Device has no native mute
min_volume_range: 0
Using libspotify_embedded version: release-esdk-1.20.0-v1.20.0-g594175d4
SpInit: 0
playback_volume: 65535
corected_playback_volume: 100
public key: KZoGt/Dxu19GhPXeKRDp6NNpxBhzelw7LdT3dku6IP4iGiK83kMVgupC56nSS+KYCj9dI3yNxy0jS9ppRT5ivadCTE5yHwWSpV7GKUuIm1gnd1s9yrUa2NbLHtqsuhun
device id: 3738ff3c-67ab-45f3-aee3-776cbd61e6e8
remote name: Lounge Connect
account req: PREMIUM
device type: AUDIODONGLE

Thanks for any suggestions, I'm stuck?
Ian
I think you are OK. Connect your Spotify client (phone, computer, etc) to the same network as the RPi and you should see the Lounge Connect speakers / connect device.

Maybe the problem is with the avahi service? Is it enabled and started? (because the spotify-connect-web service is NOT enabled, you may have manually started it... but you need to enable both to have them run at startup).
working for me too with hifiberry dac + once I changed the  gevent.wsgi line. magic!

However it does seem to crash the UI. I can browse and play music but when I click on the configuration settings it just hangs and won't respond. I cannot even reboot from the browser either. I've looked in the moode.log file and can't find much of note. Any hints? bit of a noob here. lol
Did you follow the 'extremely alpha' UI procedure? If not, it shouldn't affect the UI at all! It's a sandboxed installation.

Please report back if you have any hints at what may be going on.
If you stop the avahi and spotify services, does the UI work as you expected?
(07-10-2018, 02:49 PM)RafaPolit Wrote: If you stop the avahi and spotify services, does the UI work as you expected?

thanks RafaPolit. It's better when I stop the services but still freezing a bit. I've decided to start again from scratch with a clean moode installation, no NAS sources connected and see if I can isolate. it's possible it's not spotify per se but just the whole system running out of resources for other reasons. 

I can confirm the spotify works great through. I'm yet to really test how stable it is over time or how it goes switching between sources on Moode, but impressed so far.

EDIT: Reinstalled Moode and it seems much better. I have discovered it's necessary to stop the spotify stream in order to reboot or shutdown moode via the UI