Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW-TO] Spotify Connect Web for Moode
(09-13-2018, 08:03 PM)abrakadabra2k Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 04:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 12:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I compiled the latest librespot for upcoming moOde 4.3 and it plays all day long on my end, no issues. Client is iPhone.

I looked up the 104 error in the librespot issues log. Folks there seem to be pointing the finger at network connectivity. Issue #230 seems to describe @abrakadabra2k's situation. It was closed on May 31 but it isn't clear what was done to the code base. Your success with the latest librespot may not have any bearing on his problem.

That's what I found, too. But my network is fine. Even the moode is streaming radio stations for hours without a glitch

Unfortunately, from a programming perspective that's a bit like comparing apples and oranges because different code paths and likely even different protocols are involved.

As an aside, it seems to me this discussion should be moved out of the FAQs and Guides section and into the Support section of the forum.

Regards,
Kent
I finally got it working smoothly :-)
I did not much more than the instructions by Rafa (and I still have some ports open from previous tests, namely 5353, 57621 and 4000, but i cant say if this had an effect here )

Just some more annotions:
- I also had to rename gevent.wsgi to gevent.pywsgi in the main.py
- removing a bluetoothstick (and a wifi stick) made me change the audio output again
- the volume was quite low (also with radios via moode), even though all settings in moode were set to max/0dB values. I managed to get a reasonable output via alsamixer (in my case "alsamixer -D hw:0" , increasing the right volume poti-thingy, and saving with "sudo alsactl store")

Best wishes,
Chris
FYI, I have been testing Tim's integration of librespot into his developmental moOde r4.3. I'm running the Spotify app on my iPad, connecting it to my moOde test rig, and testing the output through the onboard audio output to earbuds, through a USB audio transceiver to Sennheiser BT headphones (in apx mode, yay), through a HiFiBerry DAC Pro+ to a downstream audio system.

In testing we uncovered a fiddly bit that needed attention because my system exercises different ALSA devices from his but Tim's taking care of it (of course!) and I think it safe to say that in the upcoming r4.3 release, moOde's Spotify renderer "Just Works ™". All the user has to do is enable it in moOde's Audio Config panel and connect to it in an appropriate app.

Regards,
Kent
After some other tests, everything works fine.
Thanks for the good work RafaPolit
@Kent: I'm sure, many users will welcome this!
Right now, after some hours, I am super happy with this solution. Yesterday I successfully switched to new HiFi Berry DAC+, which was easy as pie. Selecting the HifiBerry DAC+ in moode, reboot, replacing "hw:0" witch "plughw:0" in the asound.conf - done! :-)
(Donation sent)

Only thing I am missing now would be, that the currently playing radio would stop after connecting to spotify

Regards,
Chris
@abrakadabra2k

With Tim's integration of a Spotify renderer into moOde, playing a Spotify track automagically stops MPD (e.g., stops the "currently playing radio"). The user can elect to configure moOde to resume MPD play when the Spotify connection stops playing.

Regards,
Kent
Just tried the new 4.3 version. My old problem appeared again... So I am gonna stick with this solution here
It great that 4.3 includes a 'native' Spotify option. I bet (and hope, in all honesty! Tongue Smile ) that the new approach will be enough for 80% of the users.

That said, still this approach (or others based on spotify's own un-modified library) is the only way to achieve gapless playback (for the time being).

So yes, for some of us, this is still the way to go.

Rafa.
Friends, I have updated the instructions to show the 4.3 current release, so there should be less guessing and fetching exceptions here in this thread.

Installation should go a bit smoother with that.

Also, I have upped the Moode UI implementation to 'beta' status.

I have also added thanks to Platheo and ferdzb for their contribution in code that is now included in the instructions.

Now that Moode 4.3 already includes a Spotify Client, there should be a lot less demand for this procedure. Still, this still is useful if you want gapless playback.

Best regards,
Rafa.
Hi,

in "Spotify Connect in Moode UI (beta)" section, can you explain how to
"Add the flow contained in: https://github.com/RafaPolit/moode-spoti...nect%20Web into Node-REd"

Thank you