Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: One radio does not add to playlist like it should [5.2]
Thumbs Up 
Hi all, Tim,

here is a new bug (or as always something I've done wrong).
I've added several radios without problem. Then I've set up a moOde player on a friend's RPi, added his radios. All were added without a problem on the radios page.
Then I've put some on a playlist, so on the radios page I've selected "add" as usual.
They've all been added in the playlist but one: it adds 4 unidentified streams (picture below) and the cover is missing. If I play one then it gets the datas and plays fine. Still no cover.
In the past, when added in 4.4 with no cover, the radio adds as the normal identified one with a single line in the playlist. AFAIR the stream link was the same.

I've tried to add his radio on my "updated kernel" 5.2 and it does the same.

Strings used:

name:
"Radio Paradisagasy"

URL:
"http://www.radioparadisagasy.com/stream/radioparadisagasy.m3u"

and the very jpeg file I use hosted here:
http://atsh.free.fr/TempHosted/Paradysagasy.jpg

Thanks!
Matthieu

[Image: ZombieRadio.jpg]
Hi,

If you play this radio with VLC, the behavior is the same, you have 4 links added to the current playlist.
The URL you gave is not to a stream; it's to a multi-entry playlist in .m3u format.

According to the .m3u file, the stream URL is http://91.121.59.45:10018/live

Regards,
Kent
Yes that works!
In order to make moOde idiot-proof maybe something can be done like an error message or not taking .m3u or such?
Let people choose if this is useful or not, anyway my friend'll get is radio logo now.

Thanks!
(05-19-2019, 05:50 PM)Malefoda Wrote: Yes that works!
In order to make moOde idiot-proof maybe something can be done like an error message or not taking .m3u or such?
Let people choose if this is useful or not, anyway my friend'll get is radio logo now.

Thanks!

Every radio station presents its streaming info in a different way, it seems, but often it's either as a .m3u or .pls file.

I'd like to see moOde parse all three modes---direct stream, .m3u, and .pls---but some surprising complications can arise. For now I'm just happy there's any Add function at all.

Regards,
Kent
I see, so I stand as you, great already!
(05-19-2019, 06:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Thanks!

Every radio station presents its streaming info in a different way, it seems, but often it's either as a .m3u or .pls file.

I'd like to see moOde parse all three modes---direct stream, .m3u, and .pls---but some surprising complications can arise. For now I'm just happy there's any Add function at all.

Regards,
Kent

I'm not sure what you mean by parse? When m3u or pls are loaded into the playlist its MPD that parses out the urls.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-19-2019, 07:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Thanks!

Regards,
Kent

I'm not sure what you mean by parse? When m3u or pls are loaded into the playlist its MPD that parses out the urls.

-Tim

@Malefoda has posted a good example. Yes, the .m3u file is successfully parsed by MPD but it has four entries so instead of one station stream being entered in the current playlist he gets four station streams and loses the station icon in the process. It happened in this case that the four entries were identical but they needn’t be.

Regards,
Kent
Gotcha. Thats kind of an odd station though that would have 4 identical urls in its main link :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-20-2019, 01:59 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Gotcha. Thats kind of an odd station though that would have 4 identical urls in its main link :-0

True, but back in the early days when I was digging for new stations, I found a number of them made public only a playlist file containing multiple entries. In each case, I extracted just the first entry and submitted it to you along with a logo cut out of their homepage and edited to suit. (Don't get me started about mining "hidden" stream URLs via the Chrome/Firefox Dev Console!).

Regards,
Kent