Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: 5.2 too slow to scan NAS
It takes on average over 10 min to scan one song from my NAS Drive connected via LAN cable. I have tried two different pi devices with the same result .  When I plug an sd card with volumio in the same pi devices everything works as it should. In general, Moode player seems to be fairly unresponsive. What could be the problem ?
Hi There,

I've had the same problem. The interface is very unresponsive. Trying to add a wallpaper takes about 10 minutes and scanning the Nas is extremely slow overnight it had only read three folders about 16 albums. Volumio works normally on same sd card, then tried MoOde again and the same symptoms. Pi 3b with HifiBerry Dac+
Mount NAS as samba.
I've had this scenario with a simple program install. Installing NodeJS took around 1 hour!

Also, Roon continuously reports 'slow network' to the RPi, but Speedtest claims a 20Mbaud/sec connection.

The 'slowest' of my 2 RPis has a DigiOne Allo HAT.

Tim, what could be happening and how do we troubleshoot / diagnose the issue together?

I have already upped the Kernell as per your instructions. Solved the UPnP issue, but this absurd sloweness is not normal at all. I almost thought my RPI had blown off due to heat or something else, but it's software related.

Please advice,
Thanks.
Rafa.
Folks,

As a result of this thread, Tim's hardy bunch of testers have repo'ed a slow-down condition in only one case so far: enabling LocalUI and, in Coverview options, enabling Automatic display and Animated backdrop style (but not, apparently, Pure black). It appears to be due to recent changes in Chromium browser, in the kernel, and possibly elsewhere. We're working this issue in the Test Team Forum.

If this case doesn't describe your configuration, then you need to give us much more information about your system (including you NAS) and your configuration of it. Since we're unsure of the root cause, we can't play 20 questions like your doctor would.

As well, you can post the output from the top command so we can see if you have other CPU hogs while you're experiencing this slowdown. This command runs in a continuous loop. I usually let it run for several cycles, hit "q" to stop it, and copy the terminal output.

Regards,
Kent
mounting NAS as samba enabled Moode to scan SAN and build a lib in reasonable time .. Now I have other issues (experience software  bugs, drop outs etc. ) that require a separate thread .. As far as NAS mounting is concerned the problem is solved.
Made a full circle 

Moode cannot play any flac file from NAS mounted as Samba 
Copy flac files that cannot be played from NAS to USB key , mounted USB Key  and played flac files from USB key without any issue
Internet music has always worked (no network issues)

Definitely, the problem is between Moode and NAS which is WD MyCloud.

Back to mounting NAS as nfs , same issue . it takes long time to scan a single file (6 files in 44 min)
syslog has entries such as 
nfs server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not responding , still trying
nfs server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OK

other than that , I do not see anything errors in log files

TOP command screenshot attached

I will repeat again that the same NAS share mounted on the same Pi device using Volumio works as it should

Has anybody successfully mounted WD MyCloud NAS to Moode 5.2 ?  
any idea what I should try next ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Moode is still scanning NAS (after 8-9 hours) . 
I cannot play the flac files that have been already scanned 
mpd log has a few error logs
Decoder is too slow: playing silence to avoid xrun

The same flac can be played from USB key when mounted locally on Pi device 

I believe I had the same error when NAS is mounted as Samba 

syslog attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Still testing, but it seems update to Moode 5.3 has fixed all of my issues .. My NAS was scanned in no time , no glitches playing flac files 
Smile