Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How do you see the library statistics?
Hello all,

I have over 80k audio files.  All of them are Old Time Radio shows.  Some of the files do not have proper ID3 tags and have their info in the file name and the file names do not follow the same naming convention.  Some of the files do have ID3 tags but this isn't consistent.  This is fairly common among OTR files.

I have these mounted on a NAS samba share and the file have been scanned but I can't find anywhere in the MoOde web UI that displays statistics on the library such as number of files, number of albums, artists, etc.  I'm not sure if all the files were scanned.  The reason I am concerned and want to see the number of files scanned is that I first tried Volumio which only saw about 50K audio files rather than the 80K+ it should have.  I tried RuneAudio and it sees them all but does not have a EQ capability (which is required when listening to old recordings to eliminate noise and focus on the voice).

In addition to this, I have another annoyance.  In the file list, I can't find a way to quickly add an entire directory to a playlist directly.  I have to clear the current playlist, add the directory to the current playlist, then create a new playlist from the current one. This is a lot of clicking for something that could be done with a directory or file context menu item - "Add to Playlist" - where a dialog would come up with existing playlists or the option to create a new one.  This is how it is done in Volumio.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to add a directory to a playlist directly?

This is for a Raspberry Pi driven old time radio project.
Adding directly to playlist is on TODO list but no timeframe.

Good idea: General database statistics. Currently the Tag view shows some stats.

Try running the command below for more comprehensive stats.

Code:
mpc stats
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-28-2019, 10:06 PM)Mecworks Wrote: In addition to this, I have another annoyance.  In the file list, I can't find a way to quickly add an entire directory to a playlist directly.  I have to clear the current playlist, add the directory to the current playlist, then create a new playlist from the current one. This is a lot of clicking for something that could be done with a directory or file context menu item - "Add to Playlist" - where a dialog would come up with existing playlists or the option to create a new one.  This is how it is done in Volumio.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to add a directory to a playlist directly?

How do you have the files organized and are you creating playlists for specific shows that you’d subsequently use to bypass the file browser to queue up the audio? I would use Clear/Add on the first folder of audio you wanted to add, then Add for any subsequent folders. Tap the ellipsis button and save the playlist. If you want to add more audio to a specific playlist then you need to load it first but then adding more folders is easy, save the playlist again when done. 

I’m not sure if it’d work in your particular application and can’t test because I don’t collect untagged audio but try entering a show name or whatever other criteria you like in the folder view search field and that should pull up any matching audio (e.g. “gunsmoke” would list all files that matched, I think it’ll work with filenames), tap/click on the number at the top of the list (like “53 items”) and you can add those and bypass digging through the folders.
(05-28-2019, 11:12 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Adding directly to playlist is on TODO list but no timeframe.

Good idea: General database statistics. Currently the Tag view shows some stats.

Try running the command below for more comprehensive stats.

Code:
mpc stats

Great, thanks!  I ran mpc stats and it shows all the audio files were scanned.  It will be nice when this is part of the UI.

Code:
root@OTR:/home/pi# mpc stats                                                                                                                                                        
Artists:  14935                                                                                                                                                                                          
Albums:   19232                                                                                                                                                                                        
Songs:    87485  
(05-29-2019, 03:27 AM)swizzle Wrote: How do you have the files organized and are you creating playlists for specific shows that you’d subsequently use to bypass the file browser to queue up the audio? I would use Clear/Add on the first folder of audio you wanted to add, then Add for any subsequent folders. Tap the ellipsis button and save the playlist. If you want to add more audio to a specific playlist then you need to load it first but then adding more folders is easy, save the playlist again when done. 

I’m not sure if it’d work in your particular application and can’t test because I don’t collect untagged audio but try entering a show name or whatever other criteria you like in the folder view search field and that should pull up any matching audio (e.g. “gunsmoke” would list all files that matched, I think it’ll work with filenames), tap/click on the number at the top of the list (like “53 items”) and you can add those and bypass digging through the folders.

Yes, I bypass the file browser since there are 87K+ audio files and I want quick access to the ones I'm interested in.  They are organized in directories by show or topic.  Gunsmoke is a directory containing all the Gunsmoke shows and there is another one that is called FDR which contains all of the audio clips from Franklin D. Roosevelt and another that contains news clips from CBS, etc.  There are many directories that I have no interested in (I purchased a collection of OTR on a hard drive and it contains a LOT of shows.  Most are interesting but some are not).

I did end up using the Clear/Add on the folder and then saved the playlist, then cleared the playlist and did it again.  It a lot slower process than I had hoped though.

Thanks for the ideas.