Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Deleting all songs found in one single step
Hi,

Sometimes in a playlist we could want to delete all the songs of a given artist in one step. I did not find any way to do it so far. If there is a solution please let me know. If not I would like to suggest that idea. 

Maybe one thing that could be done is enabling the display of playlists and the artists contained in it. In the list that shows GENRE, ARTIST, ALBUMS for example, instead or in complement to albums, the playlists would be listed. If we choose a playlist the corresponding artists would show. We could then select and delete an artist. 

Another way would be to delete all songs found in a single step when we do a search in a playlist. Maybe this could be an easier solution?

Thank you.

JP
A Clear Playlist button in the Playback screen would be great!
(05-27-2019, 04:20 AM)Edenmap1 Wrote: Hi,

Sometimes in a playlist we could want to delete all the songs of a given artist in one step. I did not find any way to do it so far. If there is a solution please let me know. If not I would like to suggest that idea. 

Maybe one thing that could be done is enabling the display of playlists and the artists contained in it. In the list that shows GENRE, ARTIST, ALBUMS for example, instead or in complement to albums, the playlists would be listed. If we choose a playlist the corresponding artists would show. We could then select and delete an artist. 

Another way would be to delete all songs found in a single step when we do a search in a playlist. Maybe this could be an easier solution?

Thank you.

JP

I'll add to the TODO list. Not sure how to implement yet.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-29-2019, 04:09 PM)JohnM73 Wrote: A Clear Playlist button in the Playback screen would be great!

Whats the usage scenario for a dedicated Clear Playlist?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-29-2019, 06:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 04:09 PM)JohnM73 Wrote: A Clear Playlist button in the Playback screen would be great!

Whats the usage scenario for a dedicated Clear Playlist?

I know this is an old topic, but I was looking for something like this.

Use case: one click to clear the whole playlist instead of five right now -> 1. click on the dots / 2. Select remove item(s) / 3. Click upward arrows to set beginning item / 4. Click downward arrows to set ending item / 5. Click Remove.
I would find a "one click to clear the whole playlist" with Confirm handy.
I have a mild obsession with not leaving a playlist full when I've finished with it. The "consume" option isn't any good because I can't then go back once a song has finished, but once the whole album is done I like to remove it from the playlist just to be "tidy". I know it makes no difference AT ALL, but still, there it is...
----------------
Robert
I'll add to the TODO list for 6.5.2
Enjoy the Music!
Not to be greedy, but the range of playlist manipulation options available in BubbleUPNP would be nice to see in Moode:
"Play" - works like "Clear/Play"
"Shuffle Play" - which is "Clear/Play" but with the tracks shuffled before adding them.
"Play Next" - add the selection to the playlist between the currently playing track and the rest of the playlist.  Particularly useful, especially if it were also available for tracks already in the playlist.
"Enqueue" - works like "Add"
"Enqueue and play" - works like "Add/Play"
"add to saved playlist" - adds to a playlist other than the currently playing one.

Obviously "enqueue" is a horrible word that I don't recommend is adopted Smile
----------------
Robert
I think we have all of them except "Play next" and "add to saved playlist". These have been on the TODO list for a while now but just don't seem to get priority. Maybe this summer.
Enjoy the Music!