Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

5.3 Update - Still no Wifi
Hi Everyone,

I've updated to 5.3 in hopes it would resolve the WiFI issues, no luck.  Ideas?  Otherwise I'm downgrading to 4.x. 

I have this running:

*Really this is using a HiFI Berry AMP2 but the only driver that works in the DAC+
HDWR REV = Pi-3B 1GB v1.2
SoC = BCM2835
CORES = 4
ARCH = armv7l
RASPBIAN = 9.9
KERNEL = 4.19.46-v7+
KTIMER FREQ = 100 Hz
USB BOOT = enabled
Warranty = OK

AUDIO DEVICE

Device: 
HiFiBerry DAC+*
Chip: 
Burr Brown PCM5122
Interface: 
I2S

and

HDWR REV = Pi-Zero W 512MB v1.1
SoC = BCM2835
CORES = 1
ARCH = armv6l
RASPBIAN = 9.9
KERNEL = 4.19.46+
KTIMER FREQ = 100 Hz
USB BOOT = not available
Warranty = OK

AUDIO DEVICE

Device: 
HiFiBerry DAC+ Light
Chip: 
ESS Sabre ES9023
Interface: 
I2S
What exactly do u mean "no WiFi" ??
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-02-2019, 11:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What exactly do u mean "no WiFi" ??

Funny I was just realizing that I failed to give a better description.  Wifi, will function upon reboot, then after a period of time, dies.  If I reboot again, it comes back.

That was the same problem I had with 5.2. I did not have that issue w/any of the 4.x releases.

This is occurring on 3 devices.
Very odd.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this unless there are some telltale log errors or some way to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-03-2019, 01:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Very odd.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this unless there are some telltale log errors or some way to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.

You said something about a kernel issue in the last version?  Also to be noted, when the ethernet port of the device is leveraged, there is no issue.  So this is wifi only.  If I'm streaming a radio station or "audio stream" then the wifi doesn't die.  It only seems to die when the machine is idle.  

Let me know how I can help test.  

Is anyone else having this issue?
The kernel issue is specific to AP mode and Edimax or other WiFi adapters that use the 8192cu driver
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2979

You might want to check your WiFi Router logs to see if there are indications of why the WiFi connections are being dropped.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-03-2019, 02:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The kernel issue is specific to AP mode and Edimax or other WiFi adapters that use the 8192cu driver
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2979

You might want to check your WiFi Router logs to see if there are indications of why the WiFi connections are being dropped.

What's even weirder, is that I'm currently streaming a radio station.  I have zero access to the webui even tho the system is clearly streaming.  Also note, SSH is not working. 

No issues w/my wifi network.  This literally started when I reimaged from 4.x to 5.2 and continues in 5.3.

Ideas?
Try checking the logs for errors

Code:
cat /var/log/syslog
dmesg
cat /var/log/mpd/log
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
(06-02-2019, 11:10 PM)dmueller Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I've updated to 5.3 in hopes it would resolve the WiFI issues, no luck.  Ideas?  Otherwise I'm downgrading to 4.x. 

I have this running:

*Really this is using a HiFI Berry AMP2 but the only driver that works in the DAC+
HDWR REV = Pi-3B 1GB v1.2
SoC = BCM2835
CORES = 4
ARCH = armv7l
RASPBIAN = 9.9
KERNEL = 4.19.46-v7+
KTIMER FREQ = 100 Hz
USB BOOT = enabled
Warranty = OK

AUDIO DEVICE

Device: 
HiFiBerry DAC+*
Chip: 
Burr Brown PCM5122
Interface: 
I2S

and

HDWR REV = Pi-Zero W 512MB v1.1
SoC = BCM2835
CORES = 1
ARCH = armv6l
RASPBIAN = 9.9
KERNEL = 4.19.46+
KTIMER FREQ = 100 Hz
USB BOOT = not available
Warranty = OK

AUDIO DEVICE

Device: 
HiFiBerry DAC+ Light
Chip: 
ESS Sabre ES9023
Interface: 
I2S

I have this same problem, I was configure correct my Lan and WiFi. Next I remove lan cable and reboot my Moode. Site of Moode was loading but not complete, and ping with my moode player was dead. If i reconect lan and wifi then works fine, ping to lan and wifi working non stop.

My home www (from wifi) of moode look another (from this attachment) that www via LAN. On old Moode 4.4 all works fine.

My WiFi Router is a Asus AC-68U.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post the output from the commands I listed in my previous post (#8).

In addition I would like to see the output from the two cmds below.

Code:
cat /boot/config.txt
cat /boot/cmdline.txt

And indicate what model WiFi adapter you are using.
Enjoy the Music!