Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Easy installation / setup / configuration guide for absolute beginners
Sorry I only found this today. I could not find any option to email when a new reply was added....

Any otherway?? I daughters small laptop with the card reader is not broken. I never use a card reader.

Can it be downloaded from the net, like normal programmes???

I am finding all this flashing, writing all very difficult. This is probaly why it take so long and I go back to windows it is far easier.

I do have runneaudio on the card, but I cannot make it work....

ahhh
(12-26-2018, 09:56 PM)foxint Wrote: Sorry I only found this today. I could not find any option to email when a new reply was added....

Any otherway?? I daughters small laptop with the card reader is not broken. I never use a card reader.

Can it be downloaded from the net, like normal programmes???

I am finding all this flashing, writing all very difficult. This is probaly why it take so long and I go back to windows it is far easier.

I do have runneaudio on the card, but I cannot make it work....

ahhh

Hi, @foxint

Currently, like RuneAudio, moOde can be directly downloaded as a ready-to-use ISO image file and written to an SDcard using a card reader and appropriate software (which depends on your available computer and its OS). You can get the image file via the download link on the main moodeaudio.org website.

The instructions in this thread cover in some detail the longer process of building moOde OS and player starting with a fresh copy of the Raspbian OS. The Raspbian image file also must be downloaded and written to an SDcard so once again one begins with a card reader and appropriate software.

There is information about this download/write process available on the Raspberry Pi site and plenty more elsewhere on the Internet, in magazines, and books if it is unfamiliar to you. The Raspberry Pi is such a popular device that you likely can find a local group who can help you through the process. 

Regards,
Kent
hi Kent
Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying I have to put 2 lots of software: 1) Raspian and 2) Moode. Do I have to go to 2 sites or does moode 4.4 have both on the download???

In my limited experience flashing the sdCard erases everything. So if I do it twice, the first one will be erased.

Confused??
(12-27-2018, 12:17 AM)foxint Wrote: hi Kent
Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying I have to put 2 lots of software: 1) Raspian and 2) Moode. Do I have to go to 2 sites or does moode 4.4 have both on the download???

In my limited experience flashing the sdCard erases everything. So if I do it twice, the first one will be erased.

Confused??

No, sorry. I wasn't sure just what the issue was for you, thought it might be the image-writing step, and got carried away emphasizing that no matter what approach you take, you have to download an image file and write it to an SDcard. 

As of September, you need only download the single moOde image file, write it to the SDcard, and be ready to boot [1].

At most you might want to add a customization file to this SDcard which presets a number of strings (like the hostname) and possibly configures the WiFi interface. It's possible to boot without this file and do all your configuring via the moOde UI but the file is a convenience, especially if you are not going to be connecting your player to wired ethernet. 

This is covered in the setup guide which can be found in various places. Here's a link to the current version of it in the github repo,  https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

Good luck. As Tim's tagline says, "enjoy the music!"

Regards,
Kent

[1] moOde used to be distributed this way some time ago but more recently it was available only as a build script (and the recipe it implements), sets of source files, and Raspbian. This thread we are posting in was created by a moOde user to make the process more understandable to people unfamiliar with it. As of September, you no longer need to build moOde yourself unless you want to.
Hi Kent

Great Thank you. If it is only one file - I am OK with that.

But you said: "At most you might want to add a customization file to this SDcard which presets a number of strings (like the hostname) and possibly configures the WiFi interface."

What does this mean?
Hello Tim and all,
I'm looking at building a raspberry pi 3 powered by Alexa and playing via Moode.
Is this is feasible?
if yes, by looking at the installation guide, you are asking for using Stretch lite and Alexa is requiring Stretch full with desktop, will this still be ok?
Hi,

moOde is available as a ready-to-use image. Just download the zip file, unzip it then write the image to an SDCard.
http://moodeaudio.org
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi again, yes i know well that it is available as a ready to use, i'm using it as my main player in the living room since quite long time now :-) and i love that, thank you for all of this!
What i'm looking is a standalone voice controlled music player so i started to install Alexa first on a PI3, and was then going to do the installation of moOde on top of it.
I may do the opposite, but can you confirm that with the ready to use build, i can then install ALEXA as it is written:
IMPORTANT: If your Raspberry Pi is not running Raspbian Stretch With Desktop use these instructions to upgrade.
Will this break moode code?
I read also that it is not possible to make it possible to have alexa fuly integrated with spotify on a RASPI device, so i may go with IFTTT to make all of this working, do you have REST api available?
I don't have any experience with the Alexa code so I don't know whether it will break moOde or what kind of effort would be involved to make it work.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-27-2018, 02:34 PM)jayce996 Wrote: Hi again, yes i know well that it is available as a ready to use, i'm using it as my main player in the living room since quite long time now :-) and i love that, thank you for all of this!
What i'm looking is a standalone voice controlled music player so i started to install Alexa first on a PI3, and was then going to do the installation of moOde on top of it.
I may do the opposite, but can you confirm that with the ready to use build, i can then install ALEXA as it is written:
IMPORTANT: If your Raspberry Pi is not running Raspbian Stretch With Desktop use these instructions to upgrade.
Will this break moode code?
I read also that it is not possible to make it possible to have alexa fuly integrated with spotify, so i may go with IFTTT to make all of this working

[Curmudgeonly observation: This whole line of discussion should have been posted in a new thread instead of polluting this existing one.]

You'll have to do your own homework.

Even if moOde and Alexa will run on the same platform, you're a long way from having Alexa skills which can substitute for the moOde UI and from having a clean integration of Alexa with the moOde audio chain. [Case in point: have you thought about how you will deal with voice commands/responses vs music output?]

Have you installed and run Alexa sotware on an RPi, either using the Amazon instructions for the Raspberry Pi Noobs distro or using the AlexaPi project on github? As a first step, you could run Alexa on an RPi and use it to stream music via Bluetooth to your moOde player. Your experiences will inform your next steps.

I'm not looking for answers to these questions; I ask them only to get you thinking about your homework.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent