Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Easy installation / setup / configuration guide for absolute beginners
I think that @rahul.shial wants to play music from a USB drive rather than use a USB DAC.
In that case he needs Menu, Configure, Sources, Update MPD Database.
(02-07-2019, 09:44 AM)jonners Wrote: I think that @rahul.shial wants to play music from a USB drive rather than use a USB DAC.

@jonners

you're right... I had to double the caffeine intake to get the ol' brain going Smile
Caffeine, lol, where would we be without it? Smile
(02-07-2019, 10:05 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:44 AM)jonners Wrote: I think that @rahul.shial wants to play music from a USB drive rather than use a USB DAC.

@jonners

you're right... I had to double the caffeine intake to get the ol' brain going Smile

Thank you Mike, Jonners...yes, I want to play music only from a USB stick...still learning to use the Raspberry Pi and the various softwares available for the same.
Can someone help me clarify another doubt?

Moode will not work without Internet connectivity. So if I were to take this setup (Raspberry Pi 3 + official 7" touch screen - with Moode installed, and music on USB drive) to a nearby picnic area with friends, how would it work? What changes do I need to do in the setup (need to figure out how to do this too, since Moode just starts up on boot), to have Moode work without any net connectivity.

Will appreciate all the advice I can get. I want to make 2 such setups (one for my meditation cum temple room, and another for entertainment on the go).

Regards
You have a touchscreen (think about it.. Wink ! Of course you can take it to your picnic.....
Just wait long enough at boot for the MoOde playback screen  to appear and you can then use it without having an internet connection...
----------
bob
(02-07-2019, 09:31 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: You have a touchscreen (think about it..  Wink   !    Of course you can take it to your picnic.....
Just wait long enough at boot for the MoOde playback screen  to appear and you can then use it without having an internet connection...

DUH!...Thanks Drone7...I guess I just did not have the patience to wait...It took 2+ minutes to boot up to the playback screen, but it worked...I am a happy puppy now... Smile
(02-07-2019, 10:03 PM)rahul.shial Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:31 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: You have a touchscreen (think about it..  Wink   !    Of course you can take it to your picnic.....

DUH!...Thanks Drone7...I guess I just did not have the patience to wait...It took 2+ minutes to boot up to the playback screen, but it worked...I am a happy puppy now... Smile

Hi,

In continuation to the issues listed above.. Sad, though MoOde works while connected to HDMI output, the sound also goes thru the HDMI to my monitor speakers. I went thru the MPD settings and ensured that the Audio output is set to "On-board audio device", but no sound can be heard thru external speakers or headphones connected to the Pi..I went thru the setup guide too, but could not find anything pertaining to this issue. Please help!!!

Also the overall performance of MoOde is slow and it takes time for each function to be performed. Any advice here too?

Regards

Rahul
What plug connection are you using to adapt the headphones/speaker to the Pi ? (Pi 3.5m plug has shared audio and video and a 4 ring connector so )
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2014/0...ideo-jack/

If you have the hdmi monitor connected AND want audio via the 3.5 m plug instead of through the HDMI and monitor's speakers then you will have to make changes as per this....
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=174438

The touchscreen on the pi is slower than using it headless,  yes this is normal.
----------
bob
(02-14-2019, 06:28 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: What plug connection are you using to adapt the headphones/speaker to the Pi ? (Pi 3.5m plug has shared audio and video and a 4 ring connector so )
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2014/0...ideo-jack/

If you have the hdmi monitor connected AND want audio via the 3.5 m plug instead of through the HDMI and monitor's speakers then you will have to make changes as per this....
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=174438

The touchscreen on the pi is slower than using it headless,  yes this is normal.

That doesn't make sense to me at least. I have another raspberry pi 3 connected to extremely old altec lansing speakers playing mp3 songs off the microsd card using mplayer or something, and it is a headless unit. However the same speakers will not work with the MoOde player on the 2nd raspberry pi. so this is definitely confusing for me.. Sad