Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

UPnP Browsing
Hi,

Early versions of moOde used to have a feature that enabled UPnP Media Servers to be discovered and listed in the Folder view for browsing.

I'm considering adding this feature back and also making it optional whether to include the contents of the Media Server(s) in the Library Tag and Album views.

Looking for feedback on whether to do this.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-21-2019, 12:29 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Early versions of moOde used to have a feature that enabled UPnP Media Servers to be discovered and listed in the Folder view for browsing.

I'm considering adding this feature back and also making it optional whether to include the contents of the Media Server(s) in the Library Tag and Album views.

Looking for feedback on whether to do this.

-Tim

Yes, please!
Yes, I would very much welcome that
Yes please: this would mean no reliance on using Linn Kazoo, although I like the single tap UI this provides for use an on iPad.
It looks like its not possible to present the UPnP content in Library Tag and Album views because its not organized as Genre/Artist/Album structure. It's like below.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls -l "/mnt/UPNP/RP5 DLNA/Music"
total 4
dr-xr-xr-x 121 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Album
dr-xr-xr-x   4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 All Music
dr-xr-xr-x 176 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Artist
dr-xr-xr-x   6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Folders
dr-xr-xr-x  50 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Genre
dr-xr-xr-x 187 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Playlists
dr-xr-xr-x   3 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 Recently Added
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 _search

Presenting in Library Folder view seems to work OK but more testing is required.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
After some research and input from Nicolas at Audiophonics I think it may actually be possible to integrate UPnP content in the Library Tag and Album views :-)

I have a success case with MiniDLNA but I need to understand whether all UPnP Media Servers generate the same folder structure as below. Feedback appreciated :-)

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls /mnt/UPNP/
devices  RP5 DLNA

pi@rp3:~ $ ls /mnt/UPNP/RP5\ DLNA/
Browse Folders  Music  Pictures  _search  Video

pi@rp3:~ $ ls /mnt/UPNP/RP5\ DLNA/Music
Album  All Music  Artist  Folders  Genre  Playlists  Recently Added  _search

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!