Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Slowmow
Hi there,
What the F*ck is wrong with the versions 5 and up. Since the upgrade to version 5 MoodeAudio is sluggy and unworkable for me. I would like to kick it from my SD and go back to the old days and have it stable. And  inplace upgrading was normal too.
My setup is light and simple with a raspberry zeroW and audiocard. All music files on my NAS.
Is there any change it will work again as it was before??
thx
Har.
Maybe washing your mouth with soap could help you in getting a response...
 :@
(06-23-2019, 02:55 PM)harsl Wrote: Hi there,
What the F*ck is wrong with the versions 5 and up. Since the upgrade to version 5 MoodeAudio is sluggy and unworkable for me. I would like to kick it from my SD and go back to the old days and have it stable. And  inplace upgrading was normal too.
My setup is light and simple with a raspberry zeroW and audiocard. All music files on my NAS.
Is there any change it will work again as it was before??
thx
Har.

Your symptoms suggest something external to moOde software for example a bad SDCard or USB Stick, network issues, hardware issues, bad power supply etc.

I just loaded a fresh 5.3.1 image on an SDCard and configured a Pi-0W with an IQaudIO Pi-DACZero card, NAS source, thumbnail images, Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify renderers on, all the Appearance eye candy turned on, etc

It's super fast and responsive from my iPhone, iPad and Mac Air :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
After a lot more testing on the 0 it appears that there may in fact be some breakage when issuing a Play from the Library Folder, Tag and Album views. The Radio view does not seem to be affected.

What I'm seeing is that the tracks are added to the Playlist but the Playbar and Playback panel don't show the newly playing track/cover. It shows the previously playing track. I'll have to investigate further :-)

Btw, I don't generally test the 0's anymore since the release of the 3A+ which provides such a great combination of compute and networking capability.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim,
Thanks for your endless effort to improve Moode. I will test new sd-card and see what happen!
grz
har
(06-24-2019, 01:08 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: After a lot more testing on the 0 it appears that there may in fact be some breakage when issuing a Play from the Library Folder, Tag and Album views. The Radio view does not seem to be affected.

What I'm seeing is that the tracks are added to the Playlist but the Playbar and Playback panel don't show the newly playing track/cover. It shows the previously playing track. I'll have to investigate further :-)

Btw, I don't generally test the 0's anymore since the release of the 3A+ which provides such a great combination of compute and networking capability.

My current build is a (very portable) ZeroW based battery-powered moOde-player with 1TB SD card storage. The following observation may or may not be relevant:

I cannot build with 5.3.1, although 5.3 works fine. I use a Zero4U USB hub which is not recognized by Raspbian after RAID software mdadm is configured in 5.3.1.
Just to confirm that with 5.3 you are not noticing long lag or even missing UI updates when clicking "Play" an album from Library Folder, Tag or Album views?

If that's the case then there may be a regression in 5.3.1 rather than some type of bug thats always been there but is only now surfacing on the slower Zero's.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(06-24-2019, 02:02 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just to confirm that with 5.3 you are not noticing long lag or even missing UI updates when clicking "Play" an album from Library Folder, Tag or Album views?

If that's the case then there may be a regression in 5.3.1 rather than some type of bug thats always been there but is only now surfacing on the slower Zero's.

-Tim
I have noticed the occasional "Play" problem with 5.3. 

As I am building for battery, I have attributed that to insufficient voltage (right or wrong).

I have acquired an Adafruit PCB to secure sufficient power, but that's not built into the gadget yet.

/Dag
Until i do more investigation I would assume that the issues are due to moOde software rather than hardware, media or power.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-24-2019, 02:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Until i do more investigation I would assume that the issues are due to moOde software rather than hardware, media or power.
OK, thanks for the heads up!

One more piece of information about my "Play" experience: I often use the Soundirok app to control MPD, and it behaves in the same way during problems (not reacting on "Play", and also not showing what song was/is currently playing).