Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official Pi-4B / Raspbian Buster Thread
Just a brief update on the new Pi-4B / Buster build.

So far the build is way ahead of schedule and an image may be ready for beta testing this weekend, time permitting. Performance on the Zero's seems to get a nice boost :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@franz159 The RPI has always been a bit compromised as a digital source. See here: https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2014/11/...tal-audio/

Seems that the new SoC has addressed this.
(06-26-2019, 09:35 PM)energyi Wrote: Suggest trying the headphone audio jack directly on the pi4. Surprisingly good audio, I think I read 36 ohm headphones OK. Running Hifiman HE-400i FLACs VLC, Rpi4 1 G, quite surprised at the quality for a $35 board (plus $10 power supply, $7 microSD and $10 for microHDMI, note micro).

Unfortunately the 4 GB RAM version skips under VLC for FLACs. Strange the 1 GB RAM worked well for the audio jack. Will update this if valuable info is found.
Is the latest version 5.3.1 works with Pi 4? I just downloaded and written to SD card but it failed to start
(06-29-2019, 06:26 AM)kenobee Wrote: Is the latest version 5.3.1 works with Pi 4? I just downloaded and written to SD card but it failed to start
not yet grasshopper.... Wink
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...9#pid11379
----------
bob
Hi @Tim Curtis, any news on the Beta for Buster?

Many thanks
I'm going to upload Beta1 moOde 5.4 image in the next couple of days :-)

In addition to support for the new Pi-4B it will include a new UPnP Browser feature. Enabling the browser allows UPnP Media sources to be defined using the Library configuration screen same as defining a NAS device except you select UPnP for "Type" instead of SMB or NFS. Content on the Media server is indexed by MPD and integrates into the Library Folder, Tag and Album views.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-28-2019, 11:01 PM)energyi Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 09:35 PM)energyi Wrote: Suggest trying the headphone audio jack directly on the pi4. Surprisingly good audio, I think I read 36 ohm headphones OK. Running Hifiman HE-400i FLACs VLC, Rpi4 1 G, quite surprised at the quality for a $35 board (plus $10 power supply, $7 microSD and $10 for microHDMI, note micro).

Unfortunately the 4 GB RAM version skips under VLC for FLACs. Strange the 1 GB RAM worked well for the audio jack. Will update this if valuable info is found.

Update as promised. I know this isn't Moode Audio, but it might help with future versions. Today reflashed Raspbian Buster desktop. FLAC files from original source are now playing fine in VLC with Pi4 4 GB RAM. Files that were transferred previously still do not work. Something was wrong with the file transfer which corrupted the FLACs, don't know what it was. Go figure.