Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Streaming internet radio from Moode to i.e. Yamaha receiver
Hello all, I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for help/ideas to my problem.
All originates from the fact that I have several yamaha devices at home, which I currently suffering problems 
with vTuner as internet radio agregator unfortunately those devices are too old for Yamaha to provide firmware
update to get rid of vTuner Sad I am stuck as I listen to internet radio most of the time.

The idea I got was to leverage my moode audio installation on RPI and serve radio stations to Yamaha devices via UPNP/DLNA,
however it turns out that MiniDLNA does not support it.

I would appreciate some ideas or help to to make this work for me and I think many other people around world suffering from 
the situation with Yamaha & vTuner. 

It would be just perfect to have one Moode server, serving with internet radio all devices at home.

Best regards,
Hi, @TomoPL

I know nothing about Yamaha and vTuner but I assume it implements a UPnP Control Point function internally.

See the thread starting at Make it possible to maintain upmpdcli-radio.conf via Moode’s interface

Once the stations are in upmpdcli's configuration file you should be able to access them using the UPnP Control Point. Cumbersome to set up, but may be an answer to your problem.

Regards,
Kent
(07-01-2019, 01:04 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Hi, @TheOldPresbyope thank you for your reply. I did see that thread when I was searching/googling for solution, but without luck so far. 
I did already configure and manually adjusted upmpdcli-radio.conf file - the upmpdcli is running on Moode as I have Tidal enabled and I can see it without any problem on my Yamaha devices and I can play Tidal content. However I can't see any radios which I configured for upmpdcli :Sad
    Yamaha is supporting DLNA ver. 1.5 for player & renderer functionality (DMP/DMR).

When I enable DLNA server on Moode - of course I can see the Moode DLNA server and I can brows my local music, however the RADIO folder is empty - even though I have also radio stations in the /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO folder.

Any further thoughts & ideas greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Tomo

P.S. The issue with Yamaha and vTuner is connected with the fact that Yamaha did switch from vTuner to arable.radio provider, they provided firmware update for some of the newer devices however some older ones they don't support them i.e. I have 3 year old Pianocraft system which is too old for them :Sado and I have 2 additional Yamaha devices which are in the same situation. Unfortunately vTuner has become very unstable and for whatever reason internet radios don't work or if they work the connection is lost quite frequently. I don't have those problems streaming on other devices i.e. RPI with Moode installed. I was also thinking of some local network issue which would result in those problems but I ruled that out. 
@TomoPL

upmpdcli implements an OpenHome protocol to support its radio functionality. This isn't vanilla UPnP and the stations don't appear in the moOde Radio folder (under Library->Browse folders) on the few control point apps I have which work with this functionality but in a separate Radio section. 

On further test it seems this section is presented via the upmpdcli-implemented renderer and not via the miniDLNA server. I can use the control point app (BubbleDS in this case) to select a station and play it on the "local" moOde player but I can't direct it to a different UPnP renderer. Hence this solution is unlikely to help you. Sorry for the misleading suggestion.

Regards,
Kent
Which model Yamaha?

Does it support Bluetooth or Airplay?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you all for comments. I will try to find some solution to have DLNA server supporting Internet radios as it looks MiniDLNA does not, however I read somewhere on Internet that there are some patches available to enable this in MiniDLNA.

Yes, all 3 Yamaha's have BT & airPlay - that's what I am using as workaround (specifically AirPlay) which is not my preferred option.

BTW, probably I should have started from this, you guys did an excellent job with Moode kudos to you all. I have migrated from Volumio to Moode to give try to Tidal integration and it works flawlessly without problems etc. which I was struggling with using Volumio i.e. support for Generes, Moods categories or even browsing my playlists.

So again thank you!!!