Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Digital Output
Hello,

I'm sorry if my question is a bit off topic. I'm using MoodeAudio with a Rpi and a Hifiberry Digi+ board. When I'm using the Spdif output to link to my Musical Fidelity DAC (Limited to 48kHz) it's working correctly but when I'm linking my Spdif output from the TV the DAC is not able to understand the signal. What it the signal format coming out from the Hifiberry board? (I guess this is managed by Moode Audio but I'm not sure).

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
The signal format is S/PDIF which is an audio standard.

moOde cannot change the S/PDIF signal format.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-01-2019, 01:01 PM)Origin8 Wrote: Hello,

I'm sorry if my question is a bit off topic. I'm using MoodeAudio with a Rpi and a Hifiberry Digi+ board. When I'm using the Spdif output to link to my Musical Fidelity DAC (Limited to 48kHz) it's working correctly but when I'm linking my Spdif output from the TV the DAC is not able to understand the signal. What it the signal format coming out from the Hifiberry board? (I guess this is managed by Moode Audio but I'm not sure).  

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

You caught me off-guard (naivety, let's say...). How do you associate the TV SPDIF OUT to MoOde? Have you tried UPnP/DNLA...?
You need to check that the digital output from your tv is compatible with your dac. By default the digital output from my Sony tv is Dolby Digital, this will not work with a stereo dac. I would need to set PCM.
(07-02-2019, 05:17 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

You caught me off-guard (naivety, let's say...). How do you associate the TV SPDIF OUT to MoOde? Have you tried UPnP/DNLA...?

Thank you for you replies.
In fact the TV SPDIF is connected direly to the DAC but not working while the Digital output of the Hifiberry is working correctly. That's why I wondering what is the output signal characteristic of the hifiberryboard so I can try to convert the TV SPDIF output to the same format (if possible). UPnP/DNLA could be a good idea but I think that my TV is not compatible.
Did you try setting the Digital out setting on your TV to PCM?
(07-02-2019, 10:59 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Did you try setting the Digital out setting on your TV to PCM?

Unfortunately there is no setting regarding the digital output on the TV :-(
(07-02-2019, 08:01 AM)Origin8 Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 05:17 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Thank you for you replies.
In fact the TV SPDIF is connected direly to the DAC but not working while the Digital output of the Hifiberry is working correctly. That's why I wondering what is the output signal characteristic of the hifiberryboard so I can try to convert the TV SPDIF output to the same format (if possible). UPnP/DNLA could be a good idea but I think that my TV is not compatible.
The HiFiberry Digi+ has I2S input ONLY so any source of music has to be 'captured' by MoOde running on a RPi... a TV SPDIF OUT as a source can only be 'captured' using UPnP/DNLA capability.
The TV's SPDIF OUT can be processed of course using other applications (independent of MoOde) and other devices but this complicates the matter and it makes the objective totally 'over the top'. If you have a Home Theatre just be content using it for listening your TV's sound (either from the AUDIO OUT or SPDIF OUT).
Hello All,

Thank you for all the clues you gave me here regarding this topic not really related to Moode. I finally found a workaround, maybe it can help someone else: instead using the optical output of the TV, I'm using a hdmi cable connected to a HDMI Audio Extractor HDMI to Optical Spdif Toslink Converter in order to extract the sound to an optical output that can be configured to 2.0 instead of 5.1.