Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[Deprecated} Using the Flirc USB for remote control with mOde 5.4+
@DRONE7

I'm puzzled by your findings. Give me a day to revisit my notes and think up a plan of attack.

---on reminiscences---

I can't match your sledgehammer story but it does put me in mind of an early experience. 

At 15 I was a crackerjack amateur-radio builder/operator. This was back in the day when every town had at least one radio/TV shop with a vacuum tube tester in the corner. I was in testing some used tubes when the owner asked if I knew what I was doing. I cockily said yes. He offered to let me help him in the back room "to gain experience", e.g., to work for free. He had a number of TVs in various stages of undress and a tech probing one. Then he pointed to two sets sitting in the corner, both turned on and apparently working. He called them his "dogs", letting them cook in hopes of finally displaying intermittent problems which his tech couldn't quickly find. 

His challenge to me? Start poking. Either I might find the problem without costing him anything or I might break something in which case his tech would have something specific to fix. I didn't break anything and fixed a few TVs while I learned how to use test equipment I couldn't afford. I went on to be my (small) college radio station's chief engineer and the sole Hammond organ repairman in the county until I graduated. Simpler times!

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the Flirc USB for remote control with mOde 5.4+ - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-16-2019, 02:32 PM