Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[Deprecated} Using the Flirc USB for remote control with mOde 5.4+
(01-14-2020, 04:32 PM)scoddy Wrote: Hello,

i need some help to get this running. I followed step by step the instructions but i think i miss something.

If i click on the searchfield and press a button on my remote and the programmed key shows up, but no change of the song or anything else.

So the remote is working the way it should, by the way i use the V2 of Flirc and the remote is of my MusciaFidelity M5SI amp.
I running a RaspberryPi3b+ with an Allo Boss DAC

What informations else do you need to help me out with the problem?

@scoddy

1. What does "if I click on the searchfield ... and the programmed key shows up" mean? 

2. Have you programmed your keys to match the keycodes used in my Python script (or changed the keycodes in the script to match the programmed keys)?

3. Have you copied the Python script to /home/pi, taking care to use Linux line endings, not DOS/Windows line endings? [Please note: the first line in the code box should not be copied. I was lazy when I started this thread and used the 'more' command to list the script and at the same time show the fully qualified filename of the script.]

4. How do you start the script? I was starting it manually in my testing. In post #21, @DRONE7 describes how he starts it automatically during the moOde bootup sequence by invoking it in /etc/rc.local.

In passing, I've learned a lot about udev while revisiting the CD playback issue. I think I'm ready to tackle management of the Flirc interface using systemd.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using the Flirc USB for remote control with mOde 5.4+ - by TheOldPresbyope - 01-16-2020, 03:15 PM