Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode unresponsive for 3-5 Minutes
@ghoeher

It's starting to come back to me now. 

When the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro was released they fielded a driver which could work with either the existing DAC+ or the new DAC+ Pro. AIUI, the driver determines which board is present by sensing for a functioning onboard master-clock system (which generates SCLK). If found, it assumes the DAC+ Pro and sets up for master-clock mode. If not found, it assumes the DAC+ and defaults to slave-clock mode (which uses BCLK). Their driver seems to be used with a lot of other vendors' boards containing the same DAC chipsets.

This would explain why I'm not seeing this message with the same driver; I'm using a DAC+ Pro. I'll have to dig out an old DAC+ HAT and see if I can repro your issue.

In any case, all this message is telling us is that the driver is defaulting to slave-mode. Seeing it just means the driver is finishing initialization (hence it can begin playing). It seems to me this process shouldn't need to block while waiting for random/crng to initialize, but I'm not a driver writer. Can't say more.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Moode unresponsive for 3-5 Minutes - by ghoeher - 07-12-2019, 08:22 PM
RE: Moode unresponsive for 3-5 Minutes - by TheOldPresbyope - 07-14-2019, 12:56 PM